Yet Another Thing You Streaming Guys Won't Experience

thebes

Record Fairs. 

Huh?

Got a record store with unsold merchandise?  Got old albums you won't play anymore. Wanna share your listening passion with others?

Why it's a Record Fair.  Typical setup are dealers with their goods in crates and boxes on top of tables, a rotating cast of dj's playing music in the background, and in front of the tables, eager customers flipping and flipping and flipping through the stacks in search of whatever they are seeking or whatever they wish to discover.  All rubbing elbows within in clsoe proximity to their fellow vinyl fans.

But Thebes you say, "if I was so inclined towards vinyl I could do the same thing online, without all that bother and fuss and with streaming I can be safe in my bunker, cleverly disguised within my paranoid iconoclastic mind, as a "man cave". "

Tish tosh I say, while checking for damage on a pristine looking Peter Tosh. On the buying side I'm the oldest person in the joint.  Full circle my friends, building a community through sound. Sound familiar. Myabe give you visions of your own youth back when we more interested in building a world, sharing tunes, and hanging out then slogging through the brain dead vicissitudes of the soul stealing corporal bodies of corporate existence. (sorry I can never stop myself from mangling seeming interconnected words that start with a certain letter, ie c.)

Sure it's primarily a mercantile experience, but then again, sometimes the chatter turns to music, singer, bands, groups.  Turned a 20 something diminutive young lady wearing a beret, onto Rickiee Lee Jones, wearing a beret on her very first, and arguably, her best, album.

Record fair that's where it's at. They are all over America if you wil only look.

Or, hey you could stay home and rub up against your router.

• Like 2