need to stop the shaking

seventeenmonkeys

i own a paradigm pw2200 which i have placed on the right side of my right main speaker, and is stuck in the corner of the room. a wall is directly behind it where the top half of the wall is a window. also on the far right of the same wall the is a door. my problem is that at certain times the window starts to shake which makes an annoying sound, and at others the door start to shake. the problem is that it doesn't seem to take much to shake any of these, although they never shake at the same time but i believe at different frequencies. the door was pretty to fix by putting rubber pads on the corners but the windows are sliding windows and i don't see how i could stop them from shaking without preventing them form opening.

any advice?

Try using foam tape or foam weatherstriping from Home Depot for the window. If that doesn't work, I'm with Keith, Duct Tape. The silver stuff matches aluminum frames!

------------------

Jim

Family Room:

1978 Klipschorns (mains), 1978 Heresy's (front center), 1979 La Scalas (rear surrounds)

Yamaha RX-V1 Receiver, Yamaha CDC-655 CD Player, Toshiba SD-1200 DVD, Toshiba TN50X81 50" HDTV

Bedroom:

Yamaha RX-V590, SF-1's Mainsc>s>

There are actually glass tuning devices from Marigo Labs (I think) that supposedly improve the sound by changing the resonance of windows. If it is the glass shaking and not the frames, you might try this very odd sounding tweek: take a quarter and tape it to the window that shakes. You might have to move it around to various positions on the glass. I know you think this is absolutely nuts, but hey, it only costs a quarter and you get your money back if not satisfied.