Help with Amp and Setup of New R-26F's

OldMan Audio

Hi,

I was hoping someone in the community can help we out with recommendations on setting up my new R-26F speakers.

Here is the AV receiver I have:  http://usa.yamaha.com/products/audio-visual/av-receivers-amps/rx/rx-v481_u/

I know it seems a bit under-powered.  But I have no intention of driving these loud at max volumes (old now and too many rock concerts to mention).  Anyway,

the question is:

1. would I get the best sound by Bi-amping these to the receiver?

2. Is the receiver adequate powered for mid to low volumes regular use?

3. I have a polk audio sub with adjustable roll-off.  Should I use 120Hz setting for the sub?

4. If Bi-Amp is recommended, what roll-off should be set for Hi's (top red-black posts) and Mid Range (i.e. lower 2 red-black posts)?

5. I'm assuming that when R-26F's are bi-amped, the 1800Hz X-over is also bypassed. Is this correct?

Much of this stuff is new to me as the 70's and 80's was just a 20W receiver and good set of stereo Klipsch was all that was required for great sound.

Please help.

Thanks

Old-dude

Hi,

I was hoping someone in the community can help we out with recommendations on setting up my new R-26F speakers.

Here is the AV receiver I have:  http://usa.yamaha.com/products/audio-visual/av-receivers-amps/rx/rx-v481_u/

I know it seems a bit under-powered.  But I have no intention of driving these loud at max volumes (older now and too many rock concerts to mention). 

Anyway,  the questions are:

1. Would I get noticeably bester sound by Bi-amping these to the receiver?

2. Is the receiver adequate powered for mid to low volumes (regular use)?

3. I have a polk audio sub with adjustable roll-off.  Should I use 120 Hz setting for the sub or higher?

4. If Bi-Amp is connection is recommended, do I need to setup roll-off for Hi's and Mid Range drivers?

5. I'm assuming that when R-26F's are bi-amped, the 1800Hz X-over is also bypassed. Is this correct?

Much of this stuff is new to me.  The 1970's and 80's was just a 20W receiver and good set of stereo Klipsch = great sound...the end!

Things are very different now.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks

Oldman Audio