I recently picked up a pair of Tangent T-5000's at a very good price and am quite pleased with them. I have see people refer to them having Heresy  drivers in a larger box. But after a bit of research I have found they have k-75-k, k-53-k and k-28-k drivers of which the woofer is 4 ohms not 8. So wouldn't it be more accurate to say they are more like Forte I's in a larger (though cheaper built) box?

They use the same tweeter and mid horn as the forte but the woofer is from the Heresy line. The Heresy II and forte I shared the same mid horn and driver. The T-5000 also used the same passive (although front firing) as the forte as well. All in all I'd say the T-5000 is somewhere in the middle of the Heresy II and the forte I, maybe a forte .75? I've owned all three speakers and to me the bass response of the T-5000 was better than the H-II's but lacking compared to the forte. Either way, great speakers, congrats on picking them up!

Enjoy the Tangents! I have a pair of T-5000 in the upstairs bedrooms setup, and they can rattle the house. I agree, the drivers are pretty beefy. The woofer is vented in the center, and 4ohm as you mentioned. I think there's a thread on here comparing the Forte/Forte 2/Tangent T5000 directly. The forward placement vs rear placement of the passive may also be a factor in comparisons, since it would interact differently with the room. They're definitely under the radar! I re-did the crossovers with new caps and replaced diaphragms with Crites Ti. Definitely worth the effort, even though the cabinets aren't as pretty or heavy as the other models. :-)