Pix, HTML, etc. How does it work here?

Mallette

Would someone please clue me in to how to post pix, get HTML to work, etc. on the forum? I assumed HTML was just a matter of including the markings, just like in old time word processing ala Wordstar. However, they just seem to show as characters. My screen says HTML is off...but doesn't offer any suggestions as to how to turn it on.

Haven't a clue as to how to post a pix here.

Thanks in advance,

Dave

These boards don't like HTML. What you actually use is UBB Code. For instance, to get a pic to show up in text, you would put:

then the url here with no spaces between it and the tags

edit my post to see how to use it is you need to. Smile.gif I have a lot of other stuff using URL's in there.

------------------

SoundWise / <A HREF="maimailto:Promediatech@klispch.com">ProMedia Tech Support</A> / 1-888-554-5665s>

This message has been edited by trespasser_guy on 09-19-2002 at 09:02 PM

An example:

using the img braxckets and http://216.37.9.58/ubb/bbtitle5.jpg we will get this pic:

bbtitle5.jpg

you can also add a link to that if you want so the image will take you somewhere... try clicking on the one below...:

bbtitle5.jpg

And my sig turned into html when I edited it above... hopefully I won't need to edit here,. or I will have to redo it...

------------------

SoundWise / ProMedia Tech Support / 1-888-554-5665s>

Hmmm. That's just what I tried using the "advanced" box. But the characters just showed up with no formating applied. I'll turn my sig on to show...

Dave

------------------

David A. Mallett

Come taste muh' Klipsch!

This message has been edited by Mallett on 09-20-2002 at 08:03 AM

quote:

Originally posted by Mallett:

You are correct, sir.

Small things count...

Now, on images, do you put a local path between the code?

Dave

local path, you mean like C:\programs\paintshop\photohome.jpg... then no. you need to get it uploaded to the net, then put the path you get from there. or email it to me and let me do it for you, i can host larger files and it takes some weight off of the klipsch servers. you can get my email from below Smile.gif

------------------

-justin

SoundWise

promediatech@Klipsch.com /1-888-554-5665 - RA# 800-554-7724 ext 5s>

Email Me

quote:

Originally posted by Mallett:

Thanks, Justin. Hospitable as usual.

I've not had a site in a while, and no online storage since Visto went under, so I might take you up on that.

Dave

No problem! Smile.gif I have plenty of space and bandwidth, and it is super fast Smile.gif And if your pics are say 2mb high res ones, send those and let me reduce them with PhotoShop 7, it does a terrific job Smile.gif

------------------

-justin

SoundWise

promediatech@Klipsch.com /1-888-554-5665 - RA# 800-554-7724 ext 5s>

Email Me