MEN220 Room Correction FS edited

USNRET

Not yet up for sale but preparing for when I re-stack this week.
The vacuum tube preamp was purchased NIB about maybe 4-6 weeks ago with stock Mc tubes and in like new condition with all boxes and accessories.

The MEN220 was purchased used from Echo Audio, is in the middle S/N range (there were some changes, seems that this run is better than the first), has all the accessories, inner box only with 'after market' outer and microphone box. Appearance is like new and works without fault.

Reason for sale, if I do, I just received a NIB MX151 which has Room Correction on board and has microphone, cable and tripod. After a listening session if the C2500 / MEN220 is redundant to the MX151 then I have no reason to keep them and I could buy new Mc amp toy.

The postings early on regarding the installation of the C2500 and MC275 causing issues had zero to do with the C2500, it is good to go.

The MEN220 Room Corrector works wonders in my living room. I don't have the luxury of dedicated space.
Both pieces pristine to the gnat's azz.

If you have any interest google is your friend on stats / reviews / yada yada

Photos are pointless now since they are just as if Mr and Ms McIntosh just baked them fresh out of the oven and a cave drawing is better than my photo skills.

I would be placing the value (plus fees / shipping from 78418) at:
C2500 = $4400
MEN220 = $2800 NEW PRICE

I post early on since if there is interest / no interest at these prices (from this learned group, cheap as you are) it might sway my opinion on keeping or selling thereby keeping me ON or OFF the sites looking at new amps.

If no sell then I have a kick azz set of 901's I bought in the Rota, Spain exchange I can use with the Mc pieces in the bedroom. Foam rot, fear not.

So the MEN220 is up for sale. I originally listed it at a price of $2500 and the #2  forum member has since purchased another brand / no longer interested. Another forum member #1 has the rights to the original price of $2500 + shipping. If the #1 in line declines or doesn't respond (PMs have been exchanged) within 72 hours I will be advertising on the www.

Just trying to be fair but the price of the unobtainum 220 is going up.

• 1 year later...