Promising test

Mallette

Just now, wvu80 said:

Could you clarify, what is the best, or maybe the most common application of your array as you envision it?

+++

Reasonably sure the paper I attached clarifies this...let me know if it doesn't.  However, the key to this is "acoustic space/time events.  I consider the E. Power Biggs, Texas Boys Choir, Edward Tarr Brass 1967 recording of "The Glory of Gabrieli" to be one of the finest examples of this ever produced.  And, even though it was two channel, it BEGS for this treatment. 

4 minutes ago, wvu80 said:

Believe it or not your array makes some sense for recording my favorite genre, IF we could eliminate the extraneous sounds from the audience.

No problem.  Just record in the same place without an audience.  I agree with you that such an ensemble is a very good application for these principles (note I say THESE principles, not MY principles...they are just applied common sense) as the ideal acoustic space for these massive sound sources is outdoors, like the classic recordings of steam engines passing and such.  Outdoors is the only "space" big enough to handle them.  Consider this:  Many railroad tunnels would be great for recording a brass ensemble or similar.  But recording a steam engine inside that space would be rather strange. 

Dave