What do I do?

justin_tx_16

i would have posted this in the promedia section but most of those ppl need help, not ppl who know what is up.

so basically, how do you prevent projection TV's from shaking the image with a lot of bass? i am sure that people with real systems have this problem, this is my small attempt at a home theater in a small area without breaking the bank like i did when i got the RF system before returning it due to parental "influence". plus the fact i go to college in less than a year.

I decided to bring my other ProMedia 5.1 down stairs and have a 10.2 hehe. well it works great. too good really. see, i have the 55" HDTV in teh center, the two center channels on top of each other, shooting up and down, top goes up, bottom goes down. (i was worried about how that would sound but it does a really good job actually). front sats are at 8 feet apart left and right, and unp and down, they are about 4 feet apart and the lower ones are sticking out about 1 foot from the wall, the top ones are against the wall. the rears are set exactly the same. ok, so 3 feet on either side of the MITS tv i have the promedia 5.1 subs. i have them set to 10 on the volume knob and if i play a dvd like lord of the rings or monsters inc or some of my dvd concerts, i get teh screen jumping...

the front protective screen moves VERY noticably and the actual picture slightly moves around...

will this damage the TV? What do you do when you have REAL subs like SVS's and whatnot, do you get this with those also? We never had this happen when we used KSW's from the Synergy 6 and the Quintets.

what do you think?

it really does sound awesome. any one else ever have this problem? do they make roller blocks for 55" tv? hehehe

------------------

-justin

SoundWise

promediatech@Klipsch.com /1-888-554-5665 - RA# 800-554-7724 ext 5s>

Email Me

Justin,

I would just ignore it and tell them that that's the bass shaking there eyeballs around,LOL

Sean

------------------

NOZ SYSTEM

DUAL USAGE ROOM

Fronts & Mains: Klipsch La Scalas

Center: Klipsch RC-7

Rears: Klipsch RS-7's

Projector: Infocus LP350

Screen: Draper Premier 96" x 72"

TV: Toshiba 37"

DVD: Toshiba SD-3805

Receiver: Harman Kardon AVR 7000

CD: Sony CDP CX250

EQ: Harmon Kardon EQ-8

Sub: Dual SVS Ultras w/ Samson 1000 watt amp

http://www.geocities.com/seanshometheatre/

Hello? Did anyone notice the mention of the subs being set to 10?! No wonder the screen is moving, I would be trying to get the hell out of the room as well. I have never heard a sub that didn't sound horrible - heck, horrible doesn't really describe it - when it was that overdriven. I can barely imagine the boominess and apparently the TV has decided it has had enough and wants out.

I believe there is some standard rule of thumb that says somewhere between 4 and 7 is an appropriate setting - generally towards the lower end?

------------------

HT - Klipsch Synergy Premiere

Audio - Heresy, KG4