THX certification?

havok423

Hey everyone! I've a new house being completed in the next month... I've also had my eyes on Rocket Loudspeakers for the new house but now have discovered they are backordered and cannot be delivered by November 1st... So I do some research and find that Klipsch is rather hightly thought of...and they look cool too!!! I'm not known for my patience so I am looking into alternative speaker systems for the new HT.

Can anyone suggest a 7.2 speaker system for me? I'm going to be purchasing the Pioneer 49TX to drive this system.

I'd rather have THX Ultra2 certified as nearly everything else will be... are Klipsch's THX certified and if not officially do they meet the spec?

Lastly, has anyone had a chance to compare the high-end of Klipsch (RF7?) to the Rockets?

I have not heard those speakers, but I know Stereophile magazine has reviewed either those speakers or some that looked VERY similar.

The Klipsch speakers are more sensitive and they certainly get louder. Going by the specs, which can be deceiving.

THX Ultra2 Certified? Well, the Rockets are not THX certified either. Klipsch DOES have a THX certified system coming out, but not sure when or how much.

http://www.klipsch.com/photo_gal/lifethx.jpg

You want 7.2 right? I was doing the same exact thing, even the same receiver, for my dad's home theater.

what we were looking at... 7 RF-7's and dual SVS CS-Ultras. You can get an RC-7 for the center instead of an RF-7 to save some money, and do the same with some other speakers if you want.

This will be more sound than most could handle, even with just 2 RF-7's, 2 RS-7's, 1 RC-7 and either 2 RB-5's or two RF-5's for the rears. That would be an awesome 7 channel system, add the dual SVS CS-Ultras and... wow.

What kind of budget do you have? From the looks of the Rockets, you have about the same budget as if you were to go with Klipsch, equally priced pretty much. Klipsch is a little more, but it may be worth it.

What did YOU think of the Rockets? Have you ever heard Klipsch?

You live in Austin, where I was born! Smile.gif Go to Tweeter Home Entertainment, I think there is one in Austin, if not, go to Houston, only a 2 hour drive. Listen to some Klipsch there, hear it and decide for yourself what you like the best.

If you don't want the svs subs because they are kinda large (but the sound is worth it from what I have been told) (svsubwoofer.com) then you should check out either dual RSW-15's (expensive) or two REL Strata III's (not as expensive). Both don't perform as well as a dual CD-Ultra system though.

I highly suggest you go to Tweeter and hear the Klipsch's and the REL sub. SVS is online only unfortuneatly.

------------------

-justin

SoundWise

promediatech@Klipsch.com /1-888-554-5665 - RA# 800-554-7724 ext 5s>

Email Me

Heh... Sorry, no Tweeter in Austin...yet...

I'll check the Home Theater Store. They might carry Klipsh, although I am not sure.

Yeah, budget is about $3.3K for the whole setup (including two subs - HSU 2's as of now).

I had the Divas before the Rockets came out and they were absolutely wonderful. I've not heard Klipsch yet, but I'm willing to give them a shot. I'm not an audiophile, but I want GREAT movie sound.

I realize the Rockets weren't THX certified either, but I wanted it *if* it was available.

havok - You probably already did this, but check the dealer locator to find your nearest dealer. It's on the main page of the web site, at the top.

I think you'll find some great sound in the Klipsch lineup, and it will sound great without the THX certification. Since it costs money to stamp that logo on the front of things, you may find that you can get more speaker for your money (and equivalent or superior performance) on items without the certification.

Good luck, and we're glad you're willing to give Klipsch a listen.

DD

------------------

My System

Nope, unfortunately The Home Theater Store does not sell Klipsch. B&W and BOSE are its top items.

The only thing I would buy from them is an HDTV, everything else you will not get a better deal from them as from somewhere else.

Come down to Houston and check out tweeter Smile.gif

THX is now more than ever an advertisement. Creative Labs bought the majority (all?) of it and now who knows what till happen... I feel they got it just to THX certify their sound cards and computer speakers...

------------------

-justin

SoundWise

Email Me

Guys, theres a new sheriff in texas and its ultimate electronics in the dallas/ft worth area (soon to be in houston area). they carry klipsch and alot of high end like krell,denon,sony es,pioneer elite,sunfire by carver, yamaha, definitive technology, boston acoustics, and alot more. i ordered 4 rf7s and an rc7 and i will be running those with a yamaha rxz1, i should see them sometime next week. you won't be dissappointed with a klipsch rf7 setup. if you do check out ultimate electronics in dallas ask for a chad hansen (i do not remember which store he works in but i will find out and let you know)and tell him derrick from des moines sent you.

quote:

Originally posted by TOPDAWGFOX:

Guys, theres a new sheriff in texas and its ultimate electronics in the dallas/ft worth area (soon to be in houston area). they carry klipsch and alot of high end like krell,denon,sony es,pioneer elite,sunfire by carver, yamaha, definitive technology, boston acoustics, and alot more.

Holy cow! look at all the vendors! http://www.ultimateelectronics.com/vendor/index.jsp

------------------

-justin

SoundWise

Email Me

• 3 weeks later...

I live in Austin. Dyer electronics sells Klipsch. Patrick is the salesman there. It is located a block or two North of the The Home Theater Store on burnet. Go to www.dyerelectronics.com . Tell them that Jason sent ya. This is where I bought my klipsch speakers.