OFF the Market Now-`91 Heresy IIs

JohnJ

Made the decision to part with my Heresy pair. I bought them new, raw birch, alkyd Minwax stain and an alkyd Satin polyurethane two coats finish. After waiting weeks for them to come in they were sold to me as a non-sequential pair. I assure you they still sound GOOD. Pyle PSi15 dampening bases that I picked up last year and 3/16" glass tops that have been on them since 1992 will be yours also. Three components have driven them a Yamaha RX1100 125w/ch, a Nakamichi SR3A and now a Cambridge CXA80. 

$500 Local. I do not have the boxes & styrofoam anymore, so packing/ shipping would be your deal to cover.

In the pics of the s/n stickers and the drivers themselves there are spots that I think are from moisture because I lived in Central FL from `92 until `03. I haven't tried to clean them at all.

**6/30 OK some views and no bites. I'm really not sure if they're an out of sequence pair or not, that's why I mentioned it up front. 

I am positive that 1x750 and 1x751 when the x is definitely a 9 in first pic and not definitively a 9 in the second. The spotting on that thin sticker messes up what I can see on the 1x750 speaker.

I never looked at the serial numbers until when I tried to get some help here finding out when they were made. Records for those few years were lost on a computer somehow I was told.

7-10-17 * *  They're # 13751 & 13752 according to the metal emblem the dealer put on them.

Left label.jpg

Right label.jpg

Edited by JohnJ
info from dealer emblems

9 hours ago, lakedmb said:

Both look like 8's to me in the serial number, when compared to the 9's in some of the other numbers. 

The stain looks very nice!

The more I look at the pics, the more I'm befuddled. Thinking it looks like maybe 751 and 752 also, the paper is so old and those spots - I know bleach would kill and clean anything, used it to clean my bathroom forever. But damn if I did that the paper would fall apart!

I'll pull them out and put them in some bright light soon (my led bulbs just aren't as good)

The sound is clean and strong. I was never concerned by the numbers on the back until this spring, I just protected them back in my partying days and clean off the glass every now and then.

Sorry folks. It's been less than a week, I know. 

Zero interest maybe because of the cosmetic spotting of the sn stickers & horns. 

I'd have a better chance putting them in the neighborhood flyer, they ALL know how these sound when I've done yard work jammin' out forever.

I'll just keep them for the tv setup with my Polk 90db/w sensitivity 42hz -25khz think they will sonically be a good match.

5 hours ago, JohnJ said:

Sorry folks. It's been less than a week, I know. 

Zero interest maybe because of the cosmetic spotting of the sn stickers & horns. 

IMO the speakers look good, your asking price is fair market value (good price for Seller and Buyer).  I don't know if your speakers have consecutive S/n's or not but I don't think that makes a big difference unless you have speakers with veneer that need to match R and L.

Remember, timing is everything.  You might relist those in a month and you'll get a lot of interest.  You never know.

• Like 2

I agree with you sir, but that price was lower than I feel like they're worth also. More I looked at those numbers with those spots the more combinations I've come up with!

Ended up thinking that they are 19751 & 19752! 

Pulled them out today to move them. The metal emblems from the dealer Sound Systems has the model and part numbers imprinted in them. No 8s or 9s as the second digit and these ARE a Sequential numbered pair even though the wood doesn't match.

They're # 13751 & 13752 according to the metal emblem the dealer put on them.