R-15PM vs The Three

Jmeli

I was wondering which speaker system is the better overall setup for casual music listening and the occasional college party. Thanks for the help guys if you could compare the two of them it would be great as they are similar price range speaker systems.

Edited by Jmeli
Left out a little information

I can't compare but I really like the R-15PM.  Very versatile.  Great room filling sound - I've used them to amplify string quartets at a couple of wedding reception cocktail hours.  Can add a sub.  Nice remote.  Buy it from a place with a return policy because there seem to be some QA issues with the internal electrics - search the forum.  I had to return my first pair but the 2nd set has been great for over a year.  Hopefully they are past this now.

1 hour ago, pbphoto said:

I can't compare but I really like the R-15PM.  Very versatile.  Great room filling sound - I've used them to amplify string quartets at a couple of wedding reception cocktail hours.  Can add a sub.  Nice remote.  Buy it from a place with a return policy because there seem to be some QA issues with the internal electrics - search the forum.  I had to return my first pair but the 2nd set has been great for over a year.  Hopefully they are past this now.

Thanks man I appreciate it. What about strictly the specs which one would come out on top, I don't really understand what I read when I look at the spec list. Also how's the bass response on the r15pm?

Bass is surprisingly strong for their size.  This isn't the most scientific of graphs, but you can see they are voiced to emphasize mid-bass below 200hz down to their rated cut-off around 60hz, and then also a slight emphasis on the highs above 6khz.  There are some decent online reviews of them as well.

R-15PM.png.deed4e8044f995e55811e259b7448c61.png

• Like 1

I've heard the R15 pm and they sound very good. They were comparing with the little powered JBL. The JBL has better bass and is very smooth. But the top end is somewhat muted and obscures some music detail. The Klipsch rules up top and in the upper mid, excites the room much better. What you might expect since the JBL is really a studio monitor.

• 1 year later...

I have both and like both for different reasons. I have the 3 in the bathroom for casual BT listening and I have the RP's in the exercise room with a small sub. Either will work just fine and fill the room with plenty of sound.