WTB Crites tweeter and Crossover For KG5.5

gottajam

Finally want to get around to fixing up my old KG 5.5. I need a pair of tweeters and crossovers for one pair of speakers. I do not have any experience with these but it seems that most here are inclined to use the Crites parts. I would prefer the Crites stuff, but if anybody has other suitable parts  please let me know.

Thank you for your time.   

The parts to "update" the crossovers are only $83 from Crites and then replace them yourself....if good with soldering iron and basic skills.  Or, send them to him for $145 plus round trip shipping.  Both reasonable.   Titanium tweeter diaphragms are only $54 a pair plus shipping and a as easy as it gets to replace.  If it were me, I'd try the tweeters first and listen to  the difference.  If good, you're done.  Just my $.02.

No one really sells their diaphragms after they've installed them; not many people don't like the way they sound once they're installed.  Pretty hard to beat 54 bucks plus shipping for a pair.  If you wait on a used pair, you may be waiting for years.

"50 bucks never killed anyone..." ;)

Image result for used cars movie

• Like 1

I did not post this in hope of somebody dismantling their spekers and selling me the tweeters. I was more think along the lines of somebody having bought repair components in the past and never getting around to upgrading the speakers.

Just throwing it out there