Anyone know anything about TV repair? Panasonic Plasma

91RS

7 minutes ago, muel said:

I had a lightning strike a Walnut tree out back years ago and it created enough of a charge on the Ethernet cable running through the house that it zapped everything connected to the network.  On some devices it only destroyed the network card but others it wiped out everything.  

We had lightning strike the flashing of the chimney of our house once.  It sounded like a grenade went off in our attic and my wife actually saw a flash in our hallway.  It blew a hole in our roof and smoked up the attic but there was no fire.  Somehow it got in the tv cable and phone lines and ruined everything that was hooked up.  At the time we had a cassette type recorder and it was actually smoldering when we finally unhooked it.  Just about every electronic appliance we had was ruined.  Initially we didn't know where it got the house but after the storm passed and we went outside I noticed shingles all over the back yard.  When I checked the roof I saw the charred hole it left.

• Moderators

A few miles from here it becomes very hilly, years ago a storm passed through with alot of lightning and everyone in that area got hit or a power line close was hit. This was when many people still had land phones, it burned up every phone in that area and many who had phones mounted to the walls had them blown off the wall. It blew up the phones and left them smoking, luckily no one's house was set on fire but no one had a phone left and they also lost many other electronics in the houses. 

I found this out when I went to a local plumbing and electrical dealer then talking with a son in law, the place was packed and everyone had the same problems, they had some funny stories, once it was over at least. Our son in law is an electrician, he was really busy for a good while pulling new wires.