Saving Private Ryan

Kain

its hard to say if saving private ryan is the best sounding dts movie of alltime in my opinion because the storyline is so powerful you might get emotionally caught up in that to judge it fairly! I persoannly think its one of the best and most powerful sounding dvds out there but then again i have head quite a few others that rival it too!3.gif

I will say Saving Pt Ryan is one of the best DTS. the opening beach scene is awesome. And toward the end when the tanls arrive,really shows powerful bass. There are a lot of great ones available,but U-571 always stands out. When the sub is being bombarded from the depth charges.

Apollo 13, and Jackal are also really good. Like SPRyan, they are among the first DTS dvds with full bitrates.

One of the disappointing DTS of late is Pearl Harbor. The scene of the attack is missing the punch that I am used to. It might have something to do with the space wasted on bonus materials.

Now,on the DD front,I have recently watched Matrix and We Were Soldiers. Both lack a powerful soundtrack IMHO.