Rotel and I Ain't Talking Tomatos

Harleywood

I am glad you are enjoying your new Rotel amp. I own several Rotel amps & cdps and am very happy with all of them. I find their amps to be neutral to warm and the cd players to be spot on. I think Rotel is entry level audiophile and represents great bang for the buck. Several years back I bught a RA-12 Int Amp to use as a Pre and like you, had a hard time adjusting to the volume control. It is now paired with a SAE power amp. I have to turn the volume control on the Rotel to 50 to push 1/8th to 1/4 of a watt. It does take some time to get used to. In the meantime, enjoy the music.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, RT FAN said:

I am glad you are enjoying your new Rotel amp. I own several Rotel amps & cdps and am very happy with all of them. I find their amps to be neutral to warm and the cd players to be spot on. I think Rotel is entry level audiophile and represents great bang for the buck. Several years back I bught a RA-12 Int Amp to use as a Pre and like you, had a hard time adjusting to the volume control. It is now paired with a SAE power amp. I have to turn the volume control on the Rotel to 50 to push 1/8th to 1/4 of a watt. It does take some time to get used to. In the meantime, enjoy the music.

Thanks for the reassurance on the volume control. That struck me as odd that it's such a low output until you get it cranked up. The Epic Two speakers I have are rated at 96 decibels so I know that's not the issue. 

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, Harleywood said:

Thanks for the reassurance on the volume control. That struck me as odd that it's such a low output until you get it cranked up. The Epic Two speakers I have are rated at 96 decibels so I know that's not the issue. 

Happy it made you smile and more. Will take it as your initial review. Congrats again :emotion-21:

Oh and thinking that phono stage warming up to the new TT for sure. B)

• Like 1

Finally got it all set up. Amp, Pro Ject Debut Carbon Esprit with Ortofon Blue cartridge.  Audioquest Red River RCA's, and Audioquest Saturn ground. Still breaking in the amp and phono pre amp. Sounds warmer and broader with every passing hour. Ecstatic to say the least. 

• Thanks 1