Bought a 1 TB PS4 Slim for $200 - Sale Still Going On Now

Youthman

• Moderators

For many years, I've used the PS3 (Fat Version) as my bluray player in the home theater and have been very happy with it.  Today, I received an email saying Toys R Us is having a Pre-Black Friday sale on the PS4 for $200 so I picked one up. 

https://www.toysrus.com/product?productId=130463446

PS3 are selling for around $150 on Ebay so I figure since I have 4 controllers and the upgraded 1 TB Hard Drive, I might just be able to break even on this upgrade. 

I'd thought about that too but I never watch BD movies nor do I do surround stuff anymore.  So all my PS3 gets used for is the occasional game played.  I'd thought about selling it to get a PS4 but then would have to buy new games...again.  I'm a cheapskate when it comes to buying games....and I hardly ever play.  Now my 10 year old plays my PS3 occasionally and he has an Xbox 360 in his room on my "retired" 2009 Panasonic 42" plasma hung on the wall.  He's mentioned wanting an Xbox One during the last year so we asked the other day what he was thinking at  this point.  Now, it's moved to wanting either a Nintendo 3DS for playing Pokemon crap (ugh) or a PS4 because he's seen the VR stuff.  I personally think that's cool, too, but not sure I want to spring for that just yet.  So he apparently moved away from the Xbox One which would allow him to play his existing games; or at least most of them.

But that's a novel idea to sell my PS3 for a 4.  In case I get the wild hair to have some new games.  I sure wouldn't need both.

• Moderators
2 hours ago, RoboKlipsch said:

ps4 is very nice for blu ray...make sure you set it to linear pcm so dts and dolby master will play

Will have to check that.  I know very little about he PS4.  I just know my PS3 is about 7 years old.

2 hours ago, avguytx said:

I'm a cheapskate when it comes to buying games...

Me too...that's why I just borrow my son's MASSIVE collection.  LOL