ALK Universal Crossovers For Sale- Sold

Sid K

5 hours ago, jjptkd said:

Yes I found one calculator yesterday and it seemed like the 2.5mh inductor would be set at 700hz for an 8 ohm driver but the 4 ohm drivers were way off. If driver impedance doesn't matter or shouldn't be used how then do you determine the size inductor one needs? Cabinet and driver size? Cabinet tuning? I understand the need to cap the woofer and that the folded horns will likely have their own built in frequency response limitations but what about direct radiator speakers like the Cornwall, Chorus, Heresy etc?  

I ran a calc using  an 8 ohm tweeter, 16 ohm mid and 6 ohm woofer and came up with 2.4 mh. 

1 hour ago, Deang said:

I'm wrong here. Al does not consider the VC inductance of the K-33 as part of the network. I just always assumed he did -- since he backed the 1mH out of the original value of the low pass coil. So, here is what he has to say about it, and I'm not going to pretend that I understand it all.

OK, I do not remember where I came up with 6 ohms for the K33 but it might have been from that old post.  I will read more thoroughly later. 

• 4 weeks later...