ELAC Debut S12EQ

vasubandu

HI all, I am setting up a new system and thinking subwoofer to go along with Klipsch RF-7 towers, RC-7 center and RS-7 surrounds.  I have a Paradigm PW2200, and it has always seemed more than adequate, but I am not sure with these new speakers.  SO I guess the fist question for you subwoofer geniuses is whether I should just stick with the PW2200 or upgrade to something.  And if I did upgrade, do I need to stick with Klipsch or should I consider other things?  ELAC has a 12 inch 1000 watt subwoofer that gets great reviews for $700.  I see them down to about $600.  So would this be a good way to go?  Any subwoofer advice would be great.

Thanks @wuzzzer.  I really do not care much how it looks.  Right now the subwoofer is in a built-in cabinet behind a wood grate with that is made is 1.8 inch wood in square pattern with half-inch holes.  Not sure if that will work with the new one or not.  Here is a strange question for you.  How about the PB-2 Plus and a PC-12 that is available locally for $325?  Or am I way out in left field?

1 hour ago, vasubandu said:

SB2-Plus/2 and the SB12 Plus/2

SB or PB?

Any of the dual driver SVS's are absolute beasts.  The first time I fired one up in my living room, it looked like it was snowing from the dust being shaken loose off the textured ceiling and I'm on a concrete slab.