Accessing RP-160m Tweeter

tom rogers

Howdy, folks. Just got out of the hospital after a week of fun and relaxation and I had a pair of new RP-160m bookshelves waiting for me, to use in a near-field setup attached to my PC via a desktop amp/DAC. When I hooked them up, one tweeter is not working. Before I send it or the pair back, I wanted to see if it just needs to be reconnected, but I'm worried I'll break something trying to get the woofer out so I can access the tweeter connections. 

I'd be very grateful for any help with this. The one working speaker sounds incredible!

I don't know if I understand your post well, but if you try to enter into a speaker which is new (and I suppose in the warranty), you could easily loose the warranty rights.

If after re-connecting the tweeter does not work my suggestion is to try to consume your warranty, be it a new speaker or repair. Without opening the speaker itself. Contact your seller and see what is possible to do.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, parlophone1 said:

I don't know if I understand your post well, but if you try to enter into a speaker which is new (and I suppose in the warranty), you could easily loose the warranty rights.

If after re-connecting the tweeter does not work my suggestion is to try to consume your warranty, be it a new speaker or repair. Without opening the speaker itself. Contact your seller and see what is possible to do.

Yes, I did notify the Seller already. They're sending me a replacement speaker, so I guess you're right; they don't want anyone trying to access the insides of the speaker.