Solution to the CF-4 Enigma

vasubandu

Someone at the Facebook Klipsch page or one of them asked me why I don't just make my own CF-4 speakers.  I thought that was brilliant, and then I remembered that I don't know how to do that. But it sounds fun.  Would I need the original parts?  They are almost impossible to find. Or would I just take the basics of the design and pick my own?  I assume that the way everyone here modifies their speakers, making them would be just as easy.  Right? But I cannot even find out what the parts are.

Parts are the problem, historically people have had trouble even finding a single part to repair their own speakers so collecting a whole set could prove difficult. I don't think I've ever seen any of the CF-4 woofers for sale and they used a special driver and cone, don't think you can even have them repaired or re-coned? I was talking with Crites about a 2-way Chorus a few weeks ago and he suggested something along the lines of a 2-way KLF-30 (dual 12 speaker) since parts are readily available for those.