Covering Belle bass bin grills?

avguytx

Ok, so I started tackling covering the bass bin grills today but I'm at a stand still.  I've got one covered but I don't like it.  There are two pieces per side on the bins; are the two pieces covered separately and folded in or are they covered together and then they "bend" to make the "V"?  I'm out of staples anyway so I can't go any further and I'm kind of frustrated.  Back in my car audio days, I could darn near wrap a basketball with vinyl and do it seamless (within reason, of course) and have covered many panels in leather, carpet, tweed, vinyl, etc.  Has anyone here built and covered these grills?  Is a light covering of spray glue used to hold the material while being stapled down?  I could cover all the pieces separate and make something on the back side to keep them together and make the "V" if needed.

Any words of wisdom?  Maybe @HDBRbuilder or @JRH is familiar with these.  I don't want these to be half a$$ done with how the rest of the speakers look.

Thanks for any input.

Anyone?  :)  

I think what I'm going to do is cover all 8 pieces separately, attach wood pieces on the bass bins to set them in place, and screw them in with small black screws.  I'll do a light misting of craft spray glue to stretch the cloth over to get it lined up plus that will help to make sharp edges  at the front angles that are visible.  I sat the single grill in that I did yesterday (that I didn't like) and my wife said it looked great but, to me, the cloth is not tight enough and doesn't look right.  I believe all 8 covered and attached like I mentioned will work out fine.  I've not built an "exact replica" of Belle's; I've added some of my own touches to them so I don't believe it's going to make much difference on the grills.  

That reminds me....I need to get more upholstery staples picked up or ordered today so they'll be ready.