Something wrong with my AL-3

shaftish

I would not worry too much about taking wattage used measurements. It has been done by many on this forum with the same results, 2 watts or less being used. Of this you can be assured of. That being said some of the higher wattage better SS amps do have fantastic bass. The best bass I have heard has been from some of the newer Class D offerings. For me the mids are where music lives. I can always turn on my sub on for strong deep bass. For the best vocals and mids tube rule. 
I have about 3meter from couch to front of the speakers.
Sometimes I play quite loud, concert level. I don't know how many watt it takes to do so. dec6f42dd1a711e959e6f9928c7a37cb.jpg

Skickat från min XT1635-02 via Tapatalk

I did some measurements on my KHorns. I sat at 14' from the speakers and at 70dB (my casual listening level) I was using 0.1 watt. This was calculated using a voltmeter and the above mentioned formula. The amp was a 200 WPC 5 channel amp with two channels driven.

At much louder than I listen to (I think it was around 90 dB) my 130 WPC tube amp meters were indicating about 13 watts on Cornwalls.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, shaftish said:

Just a reflection, the resistor, may it be a sonic improvement to get rid of it?

The resistor isn't in the circuit until the polyswitch opens up. If you take out the two components, put a single wire to make the circuit.

As has been stated, your tweeters can handle way mote than your ears.

Then I will start with soldering a wire.

Anyone know if I can buy a horn for my driver that can be mounted inside the box? Or do I need to buy a complete new kit? I am happy with how my present sounds. Just a bit ugly hahaha

Good question! If you unscrew the tweeter driver from the horn, does it look the same as you K-55 mid driver?

Bob made horns for both tweeter threadings I believe. I would give him a call to see what he has and if he would sell just the horns.

His horns are a drop in for the K-77.

Bruce

Good question! If you unscrew the tweeter driver from the horn, does it look the same as you K-55 mid driver?

Bob made horns for both tweeter threadings I believe. I would give him a call to see what he has and if he would sell just the horns.

His horns are a drop in for the K-77.

Bruce
He just sell complete sets, driver and horns. I understand him.
But it feels kind of odd to buy a new set of tweeters when I'm okay with the one I have. If I buy new ones, I would like to buy something even better, not similar.