Klipsch RF3'II tweeter

mykwazowski

I have a set of RF3'II's that I've owned since 2002 I love them! Unfortunately one of the tweeters is loosing output, It tested the same impedance as the functioning driver, the tweeter is labeled K-124-K (129094) 2002, I searched on ebay for a used replacement and found the exact model tweeter but is from a 2008 SF3 model? It also looks identical, Is it? I was under the impression these drivers were discontinued  in 2003 (give or take)  

https://www.ebay.com/itm/372110807355

IMG_0180.JPG

Word on the street has said that some Synergy designs have used trickled down components from older Reference series.  This may confirm it, unless someone replaced their tweeter and that's what they used.

But, like CEC said, if the tweeters test the same look elsewhere.  Crossover component, loose connection at the back, etc.

The problem follows the tweeter, It has low output in the "good speaker" I also stuck the good tweeter in the "good speaker" It played and sounded as it should? all connections and crossovers in both speakers check out fine.

Interesting. I'm going to take a chance on the eBay unit, from my communication with the seller, the driver seems to be functioning  properly....I only hope it matches OK, being I use these as a stereo pair without Audyssey calibration (onkyo), they sound better without it. 

Thanks for the input and recommendations. 

Edited by mykwazowski

Also I tried something just for kicks, I ran the Audyssey setup to see if it could level them, sure enough it did! So for some reason one driver has a lower volume, I'd say close to 7db or more. I'm still going to give the tweeter I bought from eBay a chance though, being I hate what Audyssey does to the sound, sure It may do it's best to flatten the eq curve, It does a good job though, I took some readings with some pink noise and a PAA3, and they were much flatter, I guess my ears have grown accustom to the sound of them with no modification.  I do wish my TX-NR929 had a 30 band eq not a cheesy 7 band though, If I remember correctly the Yamaha before had such thing, also gave me some more options for eq curve, I believe I used YPAO just because Yamaha made the Klipsch's a tad warmer, not super bright and artificial sounding, like what the Onkyo does. Cheers! 

Also I tried something just for kicks, I ran the Audyssey setup to see if it could level them, sure enough it did! So for some reason one driver has a lower volume, I'd say close to 7db or more. I'm still going to give the tweeter I bought from eBay a chance though, being I hate what Audyssey does to the sound, sure It may do it's best to flatten the eq curve, It does a good job though, I took some readings with some pink noise and a PAA3, and they were much flatter, I guess my ears have grown accustom to the sound of them with no modification.  I do wish my TX-NR929 had a 30 band eq not a cheesy 7 band though, If I remember correctly the Yamaha before had such thing, also gave me some more options for eq curve, I believe I used YPAO just because Yamaha made the Klipsch's a tad warmer, not super bright and artificial sounding, like what the Onkyo does. Cheers!