FS: $500 Klipsch Forte austin Tx

Edgar5453

Moving so selling my pair of all original klipsch fortes 1. They were originally golden oak and in rough shape. I decided to refinish with 220/320 grit, minwax prestain, and minwax acorn (cholocate) stain.

One of the speakers has a water stain on the top which I was able to reduce but not completely remove. The same speakers radiator dust cap also has sun fading, no impact to performance. Great intro pair to klipsch heritage line.

Detailed pics found here:

https://austin.craigslist.org/ele/d/klipsch-forte/6548000102.html

C450C726-8B77-4A2A-9027-F54CD43DBE8A.thumb.jpeg.9bf77efa7c57f02a067741b1d403bad3.jpeg

Edited by Edgar5453

Appears to be some water or sun fading, but paper is firm and sound. I’ve taken these up to a respectable level and no issues. Debating on fixing the dust cap, but just haven’t got around to it. Cosmetic.

Hate to see a beat up pair get junked or parted cause of looks. Hence why I bought them and decided to apply a little elbow grease.

Edited by Edgar5453

You said you brought them back up to how they should be.  The pictures show two totally different colors of cabinet. Is that a "before" picture?   Do both cabinets now match?  Somewhat dinged up and seriously faded and if you restained them both, it'd probably be good to show both finished next to each other.  Makes a big difference between beater price and pristine price.

On 3/3/2018 at 7:35 AM, pzannucci said:

You said you brought them back up to how they should be.  The pictures show two totally different colors of cabinet. Is that a "before" picture?   Do both cabinets now match?  Somewhat dinged up and seriously faded and if you restained them both, it'd probably be good to show both finished next to each other.  Makes a big difference between beater price and pristine price.

Edgar5453 makes no claim that they are pristine, just nice and fully functional

His asking price is reasonable and he has mentioned all of the defects with full disclosure

What more could you want?

It's at the point where you go and take a look at them, and LISTEN or you pass - not lecture on how to post a for sale ad - it's also why I only deal with folks on the phone after the initial response to a craigslist ad (rather than trying to interpret "pics" on a computer monitor via emails and posts)  It's a losing game

I don't know why so many looky-loos feel the need to comment on things they have absolutely no intention of buying

Also a good example of why "pics" (the typical) mean very little (most of the time)

Serious potential buyers go and look at the goods at this point - this pair is nice but definitely a local sale pair to be cost effective (I'd consider them local but wouldn't pay shipping on a pair like this)

Good luck with your sale  Edgar5453

2 minutes ago, analogman said:

Edgar5453 makes no claim that they are pristine, just nice and fully functional

His asking price is reasonable and he has mentioned all of the defects with full disclosure

What more could you want?

It's at the point where you go and take a look at them, and LISTEN or you pass - not lecture on how to post a for sale ad - it's also why I only deal with folks on the phone after the initial response to a craigslist ad (rather than trying to interpret "pics" on a computer monitor via emails and posts)  It's a losing game

I don't know why so many looky-loos feel the need to comment on things they have absolutely no intention of buying

Also a good example of why "pics" (the typical) mean very little (most of the time)

Serious potential buyers go and look at the goods at this point - this pair is nice but definitely a local sale pair to be cost effective (I'd consider them local but wouldn't pay shipping on a pair like this)

Good luck with your sale  Edgar5453

analogman,

You are welcome to your opinion.  As you stated, don't lecture, that includes the questions I ask!  I may be asking pertinent questions as I might be interested since I live close.

I guess we both have to disagree as to what we both feel are good shape.  BTW, you don't know my motives. 

I'd rather not waste the time going to look and listen if I can't get answers relative to my questions up front.  Life's too short. 

5 minutes ago, pzannucci said:

analogman,

You are welcome to your opinion.  As you stated, don't lecture, that includes the questions I ask!  I may be asking pertinent questions as I might be interested since I live close.

I guess we both have to disagree as to what we both feel are good shape.  BTW, you don't know my motives. 

I'd rather not waste the time going to look and listen if I can't get answers relative to my questions up front.  Life's too short. 

That's why, and when you just pick up the phone and talk to the seller, not the whole forum

15 minutes ago, analogman said:

That's why, and when you just pick up the phone and talk to the seller, not the whole forum

Sorry but the questions may also be answered here so the seller doesn't need to state the information on multiple phone calls and contexts.  Additionally others in the forum may be interested in the answers when stated the speakers were brought back to as they should be.  Just as there is only one picture here, I did ask and got a response (with additional links to the pictures on CL).  Precisely why I ask questions and it was very helpful to other forum members.

Thanks for your concern.

Appreciate the feedback and suggestions. However feedback in my opinion might be better handled via direct message to seller. Sure reduces cluttering a thread. ;) 

I’ll leave posted here for another week and repost in Cl or Facebook when I head to Dallas.

Thanks for looking.