I did it. But don't tell Boa and Horn.

m00n

Yep, I went a head and got another set of RS7's... they are placed 45" appart center of cone to center of cone. The bottom of the rear side surround is at the same height as the top of the front side surround. So yes, they are stair stepped.

Honesty, I am very impressed, they blend in together seamlsly... Beautifully. I can't tell that there are 2 side surrounds.

With the addition I have found a new sweet spot. directly between the two walls(as always) and right in between the fronts and back surrounds. In other words, draw an X between them and that seems to be the sweet spot.

Of course I tested it with my two favorite show off movies. The Phantom Menance and Pearl Harbor...

I now have everything I want(err for now). And I can start working on making the room look a lot nicer. Well, after a bit of sound proofing construction.

Oh and the reason I changed my mind about this was because a certian someone from Klipsch called me (whom I will leave nameless) and told me that he himself would run the RS7 over the RC7s and explained why. A lot of it was personal taste but, it made since to me.

Glad I took his advice, and I thank you Mr Klipsch Man for changing my mind.16.gif

----------------

On 10/5/2002 6:57:19 PM Orange Peel wrote:

Congrats!! Man that's gotta be one loud *** room with all that stuff in there!!! Got any new pics of them all setup?

Must be nice to have all that top of the line reference stuff
2.gif

----------------

4.gif Ya... I can't tell a lie... IT ROCKS9.gif. But I also know it can sound better than it does. Considering there is virtually nothing in the room, I am getting a lot of sound bouncing around. Prior to my need to sound proof my wall fiasco, I was just about to purchase some material to make curtians with and wrap the sides and back wall. However, that seems like a mute point for now.

Oh and sorry, no new pics. The digital camera that I took the other pics with was not mine and I don't know if I can borrow it again. I will have to take some with my 35mm camera have them developed and find a place that will scan them for you and post them on the internet. The ones I took with that digital camera turned out terrible. I'm not blaming the camera, I am sure it was the operators fault.1.gif.

----------------

On 10/6/2002 2:25:01 AM boa12 wrote:

hey m00n sounds great. but to set the record straight i was never against wdst as surround.

9.gif

& your siggy to be more tech correct should be Surround:RS-7(4) & "Rear Center:RC-7".
2.gif
----------------

Boa, it was more that I had agreed with you that I should wait rather than hastly jumping into something like a schmo. I shamed myself by being impatient 4.gif2.gif .

What had happen is that earlier in the week I had called Klipsch tech support and left a message to have someone call me. After leaving that message was when you and HornEd had talked some since into me and had decided to wait. Well, on Friday mid morning, I got a call from Klipsch support, I talked to them about what I had been thinking and this idividual basically had changed my mind on the RS7's. Everything he said was based on his opinion and the reason behind it, which made perfect sence to me. And again shamefully he got me all fired up about getting them, I got impatient and did the deed.11.gif2.gif

Oh I changed my sig.... Thanks for the correction.1.gif

Moon,

Congrats,great little system you have.And an RSW12 and 15,way to go.

My second system also uses RF-7's as mains,RC-7 center and another set of RF-7's as rear sourrounds and RF-5's as side sourrounds!All in a 10*14 room! LOL

Just a question Moon,do you find the R series a bit colored in the midrange,I find the midrange a bit metalic sometimes.My Synergy SB3 and SB2 dont have this character!When I compare the Klipsch side by side to Dynaudio Contours this is even more evident.

m00n, 4 rs-7 on the sides is great. though i wouldn't know if anything sounded better w/o some experimenting in your room & then that would be for my ears, not yours. 9.gif

i'm just glad you got the rc-7 for rear center. another rs-7 there would not have been as good there imho for reasons i listed before.

ears, yes i have both rf & klf, & think you really need to re-examine the klf-30 or cornwalls. smoother mids, & i think have ears written all over them w/ that killer slam (30s). though i must admit the 30s are what i call "clearer" on the highs. some may call it bright or harsh, but not so to my ears. 16.gif

----------------

On 10/6/2002 2:51:47 PM TheEAR wrote:

Moon,

Congrats,great little system you have.And an RSW12 and 15,way to go.

My second system also uses RF-7's as mains,RC-7 center and another set of RF-7's as rear sourrounds and RF-5's as side sourrounds!All in a 10*14 room! LOL

Just a question Moon,do you find the R series a bit colored in the midrange,I find the midrange a bit metalic sometimes.My Synergy SB3 and SB2 dont have this character!When I compare the Klipsch side by side to Dynaudio Contours this is even more evident.

----------------

Ear... To be honest with you, I have nothing to compair them to. This is my first home theater, my first REAL stereo that had any value. My wife when we met had a Sanyo stereo (and we still have it). That was the best I had had up until now. However, I do know what you mean about a metalic sound. Something tells me other brands of speakers might have a warmer sound to them. But then again, a different receiver may change that sound all together.

All in all, I have no complaints. I am 100% happy with all the choices I have made. Not bad for someone who has never done anything like this before. 1.gif

Also, I just feel very fortunite that I have even been able to put together such a fine system in a almost perfect room. I know there are people out there who have a GREAT deal more knowledge of home theater / stereo than I do, whom don't have half of what I have. Almost makes me feel shamefull. 4.gif .

Actually, something got me hard on Friday.... I was on my way to go get my new speakers, wire and interconnects. I look over to the side of the road and see an entire family standing there with a sigh "Need Food".... I felt so ashamed of myself. Here I was going and picking up some new speakers, for a home theater which I really didn't need, and here was a family that needed to be fed. I still makes me feel like hell. 15.gif