Help the new guy

Costis

Hello fellow (hopefully soon) Klipsch-heads!

For the past couple of days I've been looking at the product line of Kliptch and to be honest, I'm kinda lost. So I joined the forums seeking for help to build my setup replacing my old GigaWorks S750. 

The background

Since I live in Cyprus (Europe) with no official retailer here, it's hard to view up close any of the models, therefore question 1 would be if you can suggest an official retailer from ebay/amazon or online shop that delivers to Cyprus.

The space

IMG_3979.thumb.jpg.3075a78321dd7138c38f173e46328f8b.jpg

The TV will go up the wall, so both paintings and the guitar will be relocated so that the TV is centered and the Floorstanding speakers will be correctly placed beside the TV stand.

IMG_3980.thumb.jpg.17329f41459f7f1e824b858a03801f72.jpg

IMG_3981.thumb.jpg.c5671fd534836889e244e2253d19ea47.jpg

There will be a need for a high stand for the back bookshelf speakers. The couch back + pillows height is 68cm therefore the stand bases will need to be around 70cm (and the couch will move a bit).

The proposed Setup

My budget is ~2.500EUR. 

Again, I've been looking both RP and R series, reviews and videos, but can't see them up close since there's no official dealer here.  

I've decided to go with the following, but please do comment / elaborate / give your thoughts as to what you think is best.

1. FloorStanding Speakers:

• R-26FA DOLBY ATMOS® SPEAKERS   or

• R-28F FLOORSTANDING SPEAKERS

2. Center Speaker:

• RP-450C CENTER SPEAKER   or
  • RP-440C CENTER SPEAKER   or
  • R-25C CENTER SPEAKER        or
  • RP250C CENTER SPEAKER

3. Bookshelf Speakers:

• RP-160M MONITOR SPEAKERS   or
  • RP-150M MONITOR SPEAKERS

4. Subwoofer

• Cheapest possible 

My amp is a Black Pioneer VSX-932

My main concern at the moment are the FloorStanding Speakers. Which is best? R26FA with that mean looking Dolby Atmos speaker or the 8" of the R28F ? 

Last but not least, the colors (black / ebony) may be considered the same right? 

Edited by Costis

3 minutes ago, CECAA850 said:

Welcome to the forum.  I'm assuming this will be for home theater?  If so, buy the best center channel and subwoofer that you can afford.  Those 2 items are the most important in making a good HT experience.

Thank you so much for the fast reply. The speakers will be mainly used for partying / music, but also for movies in low volume. I'm not a fan of bass and since I live in an apartment a loud Subwoofer would be a pain, rather than enjoyment and will have it in the lowest setting possible.

Having said that, this doesn't mean I won't buy one, just not a priority right now. I'd probably go with the R12SW.

Any comments/suggestions on the rest of my questions?

1 hour ago, Costis said:

Thank you so much for the fast reply. The speakers will be mainly used for partying / music, but also for movies in low volume. I'm not a fan of bass and since I live in an apartment a loud Subwoofer would be a pain, rather than enjoyment and will have it in the lowest setting possible.

Having said that, this doesn't mean I won't buy one, just not a priority right now. I'd probably go with the R12SW.

Any comments/suggestions on the rest of my questions?

Hi! Being new to Klipsch myself, I just got a center channel. I was going to get the RC62, but it's too high for my shelf, so went with the RP440c. The big difference between the RP440c and 450 is the length, and 4 4" driver on the 440c. Sound specks are exactly the same in terms of power, so pick which ever length and hight is best for you. 5.67 high for rp440 and 8 high for 450. I did listen to the RC62 before sending it back, and it's amazing!!! I didn't have my sub on, and testing it with Star Wars Episode 1 lightsaber duel, I thought the sub was on, that's how much a great center can improve your sound!

1 hour ago, Aguero90 said:

Hi! Being new to Klipsch myself, I just got a center channel. I was going to get the RC62, but it's too high for my shelf, so went with the RP440c. The big difference between the RP440c and 450 is the length, and 4 4" driver on the 440c. Sound specks are exactly the same in terms of power, so pick which ever length and hight is best for you. 5.67 high for rp440 and 8 high for 450. I did listen to the RC62 before sending it back, and it's amazing!!! I didn't have my sub on, and testing it with Star Wars Episode 1 lightsaber duel, I thought the sub was on, that's how much a great center can improve your sound!

Thanks, I've found the 450C at a really good price (479eur) and as you can see in the pictures above, my tv stand is kinda suited for it, don't you think? Although I'll be having a Surface Pro laptop, 1 Hard Disk, a PlayStation 4 and controllers/vr there, I believe it will be suited nicely. :) 

1 hour ago, Ceptorman said:

You might consider spending a little more and go with the RP (Reference Premier) line. Since you're going to use it as a home theater, get the matching center and surrounds, don't mix R and RP series.....welcome!

I'll be waaay ahead of my budget considering the RP series for the floorstanding speakers. Nevertheless, the Rear and Center Speakers will be the RP.

My main concern now is whether I should go with the R-26FA (6" + Atmos) or the R-28F (8" non Atmos). I've found the R26FA for 1300eur while the R28F for 660 (half price). 

Therefore, the main question is if they're worth that kind of money or go safe with the old 8" beasts? 

One more thing. What stands would you suggest for the rear speakers? Or wall mount? 

Finally, thanks for the warm welcome everyone.