4.1 Availability and 4.2 Questions

capta

First off, can anyone tell me which online supplier actually has the 4.1s in stock? Also, I'd like your opinions on this: Klipsch is offering a 4.2 setup for $299. What is the practicality of using one 2.1 in the bedroom and one in the living room of my 1-bdrm apt? I could move the other set to the bedroom if I wanted surround sound. I also seem to recall hearing that the 2.1 aren't as strong(per speaker) as the 4.1s. I guess my question is; can a 2.1 adequately serve a room, or is that asking too much? If so I will just stick with the 4.1. Advice appreciated.

BTW, how would you rate the Klipsches for music (mainly classical) listening? Most reviews I have read focus on gaming.

• Moderators

The 4.2 satellites may be rated at a lower wattage, but they can certainly fill a room at half volume. Don't even take that into consideration when you're trying to decide between the two.

------------------

Amy

ProMedia Tech Support

promediatech@klipsch.com

Yes Finally someone listens to Classical Music!

The promedia's seem to be good with classical ,the thing I've noticed is that you can go as high as 100% on both windows and Main Volume setting without distrotion ,while some MP3's like Blade Operration (heavy bass) can distort BIG Time at 75% ,but they are very loud alredy at this point!!!

I also think the pro's capture the high's pretty good in classical especillay Winter!(Vivaldi) smile.gif

• Moderators

Skute,

I think the 4.2s are just as good, if not better. It's a matter of opinion, though.

People are actually going "nuts" for the 4.2 deal... They have been selling quite well.

--Amy

I checked at the local CompUSA and BestBuy and no dice. Maybe in 2 weeks they said. FYI, BestBuy said they had 3000 on order. Something I hadn't considered is buying a 4.1 for the bedroom and a 2.1 for the living room. That could be the solution to my home audio problem(no stereo, that is). This may be a stupid newbie question, but can Klipsch speakers be hooked up to your TV/VCR? That would be a big plus. Thanx.

I listen to classical - everyone should.. it is soo.. relaxing. It is a good way to get away from things As for the sound of classical.. I think they work great . I am mainly used to listening to classical with headphones

Anyhoo.. I think they are great.. You just have to remember that nothing is going to match being in the concert hall.

Hmm.. I should try classical on my brother's HTS.. I'm sure it will be even better.

OK, another question: So why are the 2.1 spks rated at a lower power than the 4.1s? It seems like that: 1) It would be more trouble for Klipsch to produce a slightly different spk and 2)It could hurt the 2.1's sales by comparison with the 4.1's power-per-spk. Thanks

I think that Klipsch has fooled us all by saying the amp puts out 400 watts rms. This is true, but I think the sats are handling much less when they start to distort. Either that or they are very inefficient. No complates though, all I care is that they play loud enough to shake the house.

The Amp has a the capability to put out 400W at full volume..

Also.. TV sounds awesome on the Klipsch.. you will find that there is a lot of bass than what the TV itself gives out .

mm.. long live classical.. you won't hear any higher highs.. and you can't go wrong with the boom of the Kettle drums

I'm really sure that the wattage of the Pro's is 400 watts is the max dynamic output. I don't believe that the system puts out 400 watts RMS because when I play the speakers full volume, it's not 400 watts, I can tell. Anyways, do you think that the 4.1 sub has 160 watts RMS? No way, even the KSW-10 has only 55 watts RMS, so I'm guessing the Pro's sub has about 40-50 watts RMS. When they say 400 watts they mean amplifier max output, but that's not RMS, I have not seen anywhere where it says 400 watts RMS.

*zen