Klipschorns in NM

nullzilla

After about 10 months, I've come to terms with the fact that my rooms are just too small to accommodate my beloved Klipschorns, and I'm listing them for $3000, cash and carry. They are beautiful and beautiful-sounding, but I just can't make them work in my house due to a semi-open plan and the lack of pure walls (everything has windows or a door or something).

I posted several pictures at the time I bought them in this thread: 

I've also asked the historians in the Klipsch community board and established that these speakers are from 1962 and have had zero mods to them with the exception of adding the cabinet. 

Because they weigh 175 lbs each and they are bulky, these are offered locally only - you MUST come pick them up. I live in Rio Rancho, NM, about 20 miles north of beautiful downtown Albuquerque.

After about 10 months, I've come to terms with the fact that my rooms are just too small to accommodate my beloved Klipschorns, and I'm listing them for $3000, cash and carry. They are beautiful and beautiful-sounding, but I just can't make them work in my house due to a semi-open plan and the lack of pure walls (everything has windows or a door or something).

I posted several pictures at the time I bought them in this thread: 

I've also asked the historians in the Klipsch community board and established that these speakers are from 1962 and have had zero mods to them with the exception of adding the cabinet. 

Because they weigh 175 lbs each and they are bulky, these are offered locally only - you MUST come pick them up. I live in Rio Rancho, NM, about 20 miles north of beautiful downtown Albuquerque.

Have you thought about building false corners? There are plans for these designed by PWK in the Dope From Hope papers.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

24 minutes ago, Tony Whitlow said:

Have you thought about building false corners? There are plans for these designed by PWK in the Dope From Hope papers.

PWK had those in his home when I visited him in 1985. His were completely out of natural corners in a huge living room using the false corners made with 2x4's and drywall. I did the same thing in my place. Works great.

21 hours ago, Tony Whitlow said:

As stated in the original post, my rooms are simply too small to accommodate these speakers.  Adding false walls would only increase the claustrophobia.  Unlike PWK, I do not have a huge living room.