Speakerlab Khorn

Dave A

Picked up a Speakerlab Khorn that consists of one plywood cabinet along with two square magnet woofers two K-55-v look alike drivers and heavy cast aluminum mid range horns. No tweeters and two crossovers and  three big potentiometer looking things. The loose K-55 looking thing and the loose woofer both check out with a sweep generator and ohms. I did not check the ones in the cabinet out. I spent $350 for it all just because I was curious and now I am not since I have another project coming up of far greater value to me. Anyone around the Nashville area that wants a good Khorn template and some parts towards building a second one can have this for what I paid for it. I will list this on Craigslist and EBay towards the end of next week. Bonus is that you get this lovely set of Quartet cabinets including grilles with no badges to go with it. You just absolutely positively can't go wrong with this unless you are me and have no interest in building another Khorn. No pictures but if anyone expresses interest I will take some in the next day or so and post them.  No there is no used car to go with this.

4 hours ago, wvu80 said:

The story of my life.  💸

One thing about buying and selling is that I have had a chance to listen to a wide variety of Klipsch and if I am not happy with any of it generally at least get my money back out even if I don't get my time and travel back. I have bought three non Klipsch speakers. One was a pair of smaller pro JBL's and they are complete garbage and sound exactly like what they really are which is OK quality PA speakers. Won't take a chance on any of those again. One was an Altec 1234 and after restoring it was very musical just not my cup of tea. The third is this Speakerlab and it is just bad timing. Working on a variation of the MWM bin that will go a fair amount lower and that includes lower than the Khorn. Since I have the space the MWM wins every time and is simpler to build.

I will say that Speakerlab used a seriously heavy casting for their midrange even though they did not clean it up very well around the inside edges at the mouth. The driver looks exactly like the K-55-V down to the number on the outlet side.

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...