Paradigm?

Canin2323

Welcome to the board Canin.

The Klipsch Reference are a whole nuther animal than any of the Paridigms. The compression drivers in the Klipsch will be more dynamic and less compressed at peaks. The speed and effortlessness of the Klipsch are because they are more efficient than the Paradigms. I am a Klipsch fan because they really are different than most other home audio speakers. I've had lots of the others, b&w, ads, jbl, dalquist and boston. I love having people come over and blow there minds with my smaller Rb5s with a good amp. Do not skimp on amp quality. Try an A/B comparison there's only one choice for me. Good luck and come back to the board soon and let us know what you decided. See Ya.3.gif

Welcome aboard,like BigBean said there is no clear cut choice here.Its a matter of personal preference.

Klipsch are more dynamic,wider dynamic range,bigger impact and dont sugar coat anything.If the music is agressive you will get the agressive side in your face and no coverups.

Paradigm are more neutral,have better midrange(compared here is the Studio100 to the RF-7).You need a good few watts more to get to levels you would oly need a few watts with the Klipsch.

Note the Paradigm upper range is not at all soft or as silky smooth as with Dynaudio or Scan Speak soft dome tweeters.In fact all the Paradigm metal dome tweeters are quite agressive at times and edgy.

Me I have an all Klipsch setup and another one with Dynaudio and Spendor.The Klipsch is great for live rock and HT,the Dynes and Spendor are so much more on acoustic music and the voices ring truer.

Listen to both,you will know what is bet for you.

Canin2323-

Welcome to the Klipsch Forum. IMHO, alot of ppl look at both Klipsch and Paradigm. Both are in the same reasonable pricerange and is really a matter of musical tastes. I also looked at Paradigm, but I fell in love with the dynamics of klipsch sound. You will REALLY enjoy the klipsch speakers. BTW, what are you going to couple them with? Reciever type?

-dbl

I also was split between the paradigm monitors and the klipsch reference speakers. I really really wanted to like the paradigms, but when my buddy and I went and listened to them side by side, the Klipsch was the definate winner in my opinion, and his.

I have the Reference 3 set-up and love it.

Welcome...

I use my for 98% theater, the other 2 is for music once in a great while due to the location of my theater.

When I put in a THX demo, The WOW factor of friends and family that come over is outstanding. 1.gif

Also, this is a friendly debate between myself and a few others I wont mention (Orange Peel), but if you want a tight punchy awesome sub, get one of the RSWs. I would highly suggest at least RSW-12. I have never herd the 10", but the 12" and 15" are fantastic subs.

Orange Peel would like to lead you down the path of SVS Subs. I have never heard them, but they are a favorite here in the forums also.