Need Led Zeppelin fans Help!

ajgb72

Ok, well in school, I am doing this project on ballads, and I have to choose a song with a ballad in it, well I chose Black Dog. I need to know if this song is too inappropriate? The lyrics don't seem too bad but still, I am still questioning, "watch your honey drip, can't keep away" and "Tell me won't you you do me now." Could you interpret that?! lol

• Like 1

O.k., this is gonna be a stretch fro this thread but here goes.

On the subject of Honey and music the Ohio Players immedeately came to mind. Back when the band was having a photo session for the album cover the female model was to have honey poured over most of her body. After a long day of shooting the honey hardened under the heat of the hot lights and becoming "glued" to her skin. In trying to remove the honey massive scars were left on her legs. Naturally this was devastating to the model as her career could very well be over. Meanwhile (I believe) she was getting no sympathy from the producer or the record company.

A few days later, while the band was in the studio recording "Love Rollercoaster", the model burst into the engineer's room and began arguing with with the producer violently. It is said that the producer wound up stabbing and killing her right there.

So play "Love Rollercoaster" and listen for a screaming shrill in the song. That's her. Spooky thing is is that it was in key!

You know why it's unreal? BECAUSE IT'S NOT REAL!!! Just an urban legend/rumour that's been around forever. Just like Rod Stewart and his stomach being pumped, Richard Gere and his gerbils, Frank Zappa being Mr. Greenjeans'(from Captain Kangaroo) son & Marilyn Manson being the kid from The Wonder Years. As far as Black Dog being a ballad???!!! Ballads generally don't have blaring distorted guitars and Bonzo banging away on the drums. A Led Zep ballad to consider would be Babe I'm Gonna Leave You(at least until the end).

About a year ago I saw an interview with the members of the band and after being directly asked about the incodent they said "We're not gonna comment on that." The interviewer asked why and they replied "We can't say...." All of them getting figgety and looking like they don't wan't to be there anymore.

Did you ever hear the scream before?