Klipsch Tape-Joe Holland

Joe Holland, who is featured in the Klipsch Tape is alive and kicking at 92.  As a friend of Paul Klipsch, he recorded this tape under the supervision of P.W.K.  Joe would fly around with Paul in Paul’s personal plane introducing new speakers to dealers.  Joe would play music from the Klipsch Tape, then The Tape would be played demonstrating the hi-fi quality of the speakers.  The sounds on tape sounded like the live drum Joe was playing.  

This man has incredible stories.  I took pics and videos of him but can’t figure out how to add to this page.  You may be wondering how a lady in Hot Springs, AR (1.25 hours from Hope.) met this world class drummer.  He advertised his Klipsch speakers in the state newspaper!!!  (Ninety-two year olds aren’t prolific with Craigslist, EBay, Pinterest, etc.) He lives in Little Rock, an hours drive.  So, off I went. I picked up his  KG1s Bookshelf speakers he has had since mid 90's.  But, I picked up a new friend and heard hours of stories about his music experiences.  You can google his name and Klipsch Tape to read more about him.   

Also, there were no videos or pics taken of the recording.  It's neat to hear him talk about it now.  

I have his phone number if anyone at museum wants to interview him.
Thanks,
Denise

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

I'm thinking perhaps someone here should forward the info to Klipsch Corporate Marketing. Endless possibilities in today's world of marketing!  Would spice up those marketing lines just a tad w/"Well, when I was just a youngin out raisin heck I realized PWK was onto something!"  A Reader's Digest "slice-in-the life" story would be a great read!  Once it's in the "can" you can use it forever!  That old military photo-journalist surfacing once again!  

@Chad 

• Like 1

Joe Holland performed at the Pilgrimage 2 years ago.  I also did an extensive video interview with Mr. Holland.  Quite a life!  When PWK recorded Joe Holland in Shreveport, LA, Elvis Presley was walking out of the studio.

• Like 1

@Chad Is as close as I can get to anyone and I've never met or chatted with him BUT I do know he surfaces for air at times.  Perhaps we'll get lucky NieceeAR!  He's kinda like Colonel Flagg on M.A.S.H., blowing in when you least expect it and exiting the same way!  :)

19 minutes ago, NieceeAR said:

You are correct JRH.  He told me that.  He was friends of Presley's drummer.  

Dave, it would be great if Marketing would pick this up.  How would one go about that?  I figured they'd read these blogs.

On 7/23/2018 at 4:45 PM, NieceeAR said:

I answered an ad for Klipsch speakers in newspaper and it was him!!  I bought his KGs 1, 1991!

Perfect time to add credibility to your purchase by cranking out a "certificate of authenticity" with the model number on it for him to sign.  Everyone knows what a great lil speaker they are.  Have him sign it and collect all of the background you can on him.  I would.  Some things like that mean nothing but to others it would be a nice touch!

About 30 years ago I went to a Cleveland Indians game where they honored the former players.  Those selected were driven onto the field in cars from their "time."  I went w/a former player I knew well and his wife.  He got an invite to ride so afterwards they all came up to sit with us.  I took a ball to have signed but didn't know them but knew their names.  Jake told me the one I really should get was this old guy a couple rows in front of us so I asked this woman he was with if she'd ask him and gave her the ball.  He turned around and told me he'd be "honored" to sign my ball.  Signed it and passed it back to me.  I looked at the signature and it was one of the greatest players to ever play for Cleveland.   He's passed now but that's a story I'll never forget.  How humble he was.  Yea, honored to sign my ball.   I looked at Jake and he said to look out in right field and find his jersey...  Mel Harder.  Just Google him for giggles!