FS: Deonon POA-2800 amps

Mystery Guest

Hi all,

OK first off, I spelled Denon wrong, didn't notice till it was too late7.gif, but maybe it will get noticed faster. So don't complain, OK?

We need to part with our 2 Denon POA-2800 200X2 amps.

Last year produced was '96 or'97.

They are listed as being Optical Class A, 200 wpc into 8 ohms at 0.05% THD(can't remember all that stuff), I think it has something to do with the switching between A and A/B(what ever that means)

Steve had them checked and they do 200 into 8 within specs. 348 into 4 at clipping and are stable to 1 ohm. They did 1500 wpc into 2 ohm peak to peak(what ever that means LOL)They are dual mono design. Of the 200wpc Denon built, it was the top of the Denon 200X2 amp.

I remember he drove our 2 4 ohm subs with one channel for a few hours with no heat build up what so ever. They never even get warm when played for many hours.

If you have a Denon receiver and would like some improvement, these amps will do it.

I was happy with the improvement using the 3801 as a preamp. Separates do make a difference even if you use a receiver as a preamp.

Anyway, $350 each and you pay the shipping. He said he doesn't remember the weight, about 50 lbs or so. We don't have the original boxes, but will be packed properly.

One looks like new, not a scratch on it, the other has a very, very slight scratch on the very top of the cover, both front panels like they did when new.

Let me know on the BB if interested, email me also.

Will send pics if needed.

By the way, I am posting because Steve is a bit busy these days. 8.gif

Don't forget, SoundWise now has a classifieds section.

http://soundwise.org/cgi-bin/ib3/ikonboard.cgi

Try it there, be one of the firsts LoL!

BTW, have you seen your home theater on SoundWise? Steve emailed me and I got it up for you guys

http://www.soundwise.org/beta/rigs/stevep.htm

Maybe you can get some Aragon now? hehe

Cheers!