New Heresy Price

justin_tx_16

• Replies 47
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

"do the heresy's match up to the rf 7's in sound quality, and how might they match up for timber?"

Well, both are different in lots of aspects. I do prefer the sound of Heresy's, just because one reason, The mid Horn. In my view, it is in the mids where the "musicality" live, so to speak. The big RF7's on the other hand are more loud, can be driven with less amplification, have a better tweeter (compared at least with the original Heresy) and have a lot more bass.

So, it is your choice... 2.gif

I had a an ugly old Fisher tube reciver with Fulton F100 through college with no problems, but then the party was never "in" my room - always in the hall, the women loved the smooth sound, with candle lights and massages ...

3.gif

You must listen to them. There is no way to accurately explain what your ears will tell your brain when you hear them. I have not done much listening to Reference but what I could tell you is that the Hereseys will reproduce the music at a reletively flat response ie they will neither attentuate nor will they cut certain values in the audible spectrum.

Reference sound great, just different. It's the timbre of the different horns plus the low end on the Ref sound much different. I'm not sure what the crossover is for the woofer of the heresey is but you get a fair abount of midrange out of them which helps them sound more full and seems to bring the mids alive with the mid horn. This is a fairly common trait with all of the Heritage but moreso with the heresey, The Lascala's do this well also thats why they sound so good as center channels. Very good voicing.

I'm going to start talking out of my a$$ here about the Heritage so bear with me. They use a different style woofer, without a foam surround but rather accordian type surround. They produce a very tight bass with the ability to go low (Khorns/Cornwalls) but are not inherently boomy. The large enclosures are what help them get boomy and the cornwall goes a step further with the ports to get some boom. However they maintain a tight punch because of the woofers and get some boom from the design of the box, not necessarily from a woofer with a huge magnet, long throw and super strong voice coil. Woofers that are made like that are made just to be slammed. Therefore they give up the ability to reproduce anything in the midbass/midrange area that sounds worth a darn. Thus they are crossed over at a lower frequency leaving only your Mid horn to do the job, but there is something to be said for midrange that is reproduced from paper cone speaker. Yes horns do an awesome job of reproduction but they are that horns, they lack the ability to recreate some of the mids accurately and recreate some perfectly, its a balancing act with the mids between the woofers and mid horns. IMO the Heritage line is does a very good job of doing this. The Lascala, Belle and Heresey do it the best due to the front firing bass speakers(Lasacla and Belle face backwrd but folded forward with horn box).

EJ

EJ