what speaker wire is best?

klipguy

Deang,

Excellent point as always.

WWW.tweakaudio.com

The guy that runs this site has a great point that binding posts are only a conventience item. If you relly want to remove the "botleneck" hardwire as many connections as possible.

That is why the tube amp point to point wiring thing is so intriguing to me.

And crossover networks would probably be better point to point than using a printed circuit board(PCB).

I bought new binding posts and crossovers from MCM electronics for my old homemade beater speaker(kind of a non horn heresey rock & roll stage monitor design). The binding posts have a small PCB in the design...YUCK. I will rebuild them to suit my standards.

Please remember I am a plastics engineer. My common sense in electronics may be out in the twilight zone at times.

Excellent reply,

That is exactly what I was thinking but I was too brief. PCB should be Ok for low voltage applications. But how good is the PCB?

Look at a CD player or DVD player ad or spec sheet?

Too many never list what kind of DAC chips they use.

Are the circuit boards designed to meet a mil spec or automotive spec?

It would be fun to go into a store with a tool kit and ask to pull apart the case to see the quality level of the construction of a component.

Like the Pioneer "Legato Link" technology. Never read a good description of that design concept.