music section is dead...

prodj101

there is basicaly no action in the music section, maybe I'll have to start up another flame, with the subject heading, "the rolling stones suck!" (actually, I really enjoy their music), but anyway, hardly anything in there gets responses. Kinda odd when so many people spend thousands of dollars building stereo systems but don't like to tlak about music.

thats because these days spending thousands of dollars is more about watching and listening to surround movies than it is to music.,....since i have bought an sacd player i have gone back to enjoying music again like i used to when i would sit in my living room for about 2 hours each night...also a lot of people like myself are just listening to music more in the form of concert dvds because most of them sound damn good..lol9.gif

----------------

On 10/19/2002 12:29:56 AM prodj101 wrote:

"the rolling stones suck!" (actually, I really enjoy their music),

----------------

No, you had it right the first time. They do suck. I like a lot of late 60's and 70's music, but I could never stand The Rolling Stones.

Proj-

Most of my listening time on my system is spent with music...But since the forum participants ages span 50 or more years ....We are talking about a VAST VAST VAST difference in music likes and dislikes among members. Intrest in current movies, on the other hand tends to be a little less age discriminant.

I only listen to the "Some Girls" album because it reminds me of the times in junior high school. I still get a laugh out of "Far Away Eyes", I play it for a huge religious lady I worked with. She takes it in stride.

The only other ones I have is a boxed 60's and early 70's set and the "Steel Wheels" disc and those just NEVER get played.