PowerGate turns off

I have a PowerGate that will power off after 15 minutes of use. It does this while receiving signal via Phono or Aux. I use this as a studio monitor and it is very frustrating to have to turn it back on every 15 minutes. Surely the power save option can be turned off. Any help would be greatly appreciated. If not, does anyone want to buy a PowerGate?

I installed the firmware update with initial set-up of the Powergate, so have never experienced the random power-off issue.  The firmware update is a bit clunky and did not work with my Android phone - had to borrow my wife's iPhone for the update.

As a side note, I've had nothing but trouble with the Powergate's wi-fi streaming from both a media server on my PC and Spotify Connect.  The wi-fi connection drops and streaming stops frequently.  I have resorted to using a Chromecast Audio puck connected to the Powergate's optical input. 

Sounds like the OP is using the wired inputs, so I think the OP will be satisfied with the Powergate, once the firmware is updated.  It is a nice little integrated amp using the wired inputs, but as a wi-fi streamer, pretty horrible, in my experience.

To the OP - do you have an option to use the optical input on the Powergate? 

If so, you might get a "cleaner" audio path this way.  Since the Powergate is a Play-Fi streamer, I expect that it may apply an analog-to-digital conversion on the analog inputs , followed by a digital-to-analog conversion for playback (not 100% sure on this).  Regardless, using the optical input would avoid the possibility of an analog-to-digital conversion.

• 2 months later...
  • 2 months later...

I'm having trouble with the registration system for this forum (not getting the confirmation email after multiple attempts), so that's why I'm posting anonymously. Anyway, I have my PowerGate set up and I really love it, despite the fact that it gets insanely hot while in use. I added an AC Infinity fan below it to cool it down a bit, and that works well, but I still have an issue with it going into standby mode... I have applied the latest firmware updates, and for me it doesn't go into standby while it's receiving an audio source, but it when it goes into standby after NOT receiving a signal, I have to turn it back on myself in order to use it. This is frustrating because all of my equipment is in a cabinet, and my system is otherwise fully automated. I'm using the Caavo Control Center to control my TV and all of my other devices, so the PowerGate is the only thing that doesn't come on automatically, even when the TV starts sending audio to it. Basically, all of my devices go through the Caavo, which connects to the TV via HDMI, then the TV audio is sent to the PowerGate through the optical input. Certainly there must be a way to make it so that the PowerGate wakes up once it detects a signal, right? The odd thing about it is that sometimes (maybe 10% of the time) I don't need to turn it back on after many hours of not using it, so it's not as if it just goes into standby automatically after 15 mins with no signal. I finally have a system where everything is controlled by one single remote with full automation, so it's annoying that this one component needs to be manually turned on every time I want to hear anything. I have the Powergate volume being controlled by the Caavo, but can't figure out any way to make it turn the amp on automatically. Any ideas?

Edited by momentarydogma1

On 3/18/2019 at 4:35 AM, Tone Deaf said:

I have a Power Gate updated to the latest firmware (mcu v 1.45), and this is still a problem when using USB input (connected to a Windows 10 PC)... it turns itself off every 15 minutes even when music is being constantly played.

Did you find a solution for the USB input?

• 3 weeks later...
On 12/31/2018 at 6:33 PM, wuzzzer said:

There a firmware update that addresses this issue.

I have the same issue. I use Klipsch 1063275 Gate Playfi Gateway Wireless Multi–Room Hub with Aux option to my amp. 

I have my device disconnects every 5-10 minutes. I have to go into my phone, launch the app and reconnect...

That's very disappointing. 

Which firmware is it? 

When I get the device last month (May2019), I have upgraded the firmware and also the Klipsch stream app as well to the latest . My Gate MCU: 1.032 CP: 5.0.0.121, Klipsch Stream App Version: 5.0.0.7255 (200190530)

Thanks in advance

• 3 years later...
  • 8 months later...