Stupid Question: Binding posts

DrPyro

I've wondered what the other "two ways" are myself. I can just come up with 1.) Wrap around 2.)Banana plug and 3.) hole through the side of the post.

Maybe there's some answers on the WBT site. I've heard they're the masters of connections like this. Unless they want to include using spades apart from the wrap around way.

5 way binding posts

1.Banana plug(easy and popular)

2.Spade(best way to conect speakers in my view)

3.warp around bare wire(the EL Cehapo way)

4.the hole in the post takes both bare wire and...

5.the thin "clip" like conectors(another EL Cheapo way)

I think the three way dont take spades and solid core gard(non warp around)wire,these are often used on receivers and cheapo amps.

The Five way binding post has bolt(plastic or metal)to tighten the spade and bare wire,the 3 way has a screw(with banana plug insert)to tighten the bare wire.

Take for example the Denon 3801 it uses 3 way binding posts,EL CHEAPO stuff

Now take the Celeste 4250SE it has 5 way WBT binding posts,the 4070(non SE) uses five way bassic 5 way.

The Krell FPB600 uses extra heavy duty type finger locks and works best with big spades.Its designed for larger spades first and above all

Its quite a sight,nothing more macho then the sight of a massive power amp. 1.gif