CF3's in Minnesota, Nice Price Too.

Shiva

36 minutes ago, MookieStl said:

Never heard the Chorus describe as bass shy, but you do need to put some serious watts behind them to get them to really shine. I only heard those for a couple minutes, so never really got to know them, they did sound good though. Updates are available for the tweeter diaphragm and the x-over could use an upgrade it you want them to "sound better". BUT if you have a certain sound that does it for you with the CF series, go for it. It only matter what sounds good to you.

For me that sound it the LaScalas (or Belles). They just have the sound I love.

What every you do, good luck and enjoy.

Mike

Yeah they have always seemed bass shy to me, and I've compared to everything else in the house (KG4.5, KG3.5, RP-160M, RF3II, Heresy).  Only the Heresy comes up short in comparison.  I've run them on 200w Outlaw monos and even then I found them lacking unless I played with eq and had them at high volume.  For the last few months in the new house I've been running them on a little Teac with 30wpc, they sound fine but I had to run a sub to fill out the lower end.  I've been running the CF-3's on that same amp and the difference is very noticeable.

Maybe I need to look into crossover upgrades...maybe there's something wrong with the woofers?  Maybe I'm just doing it wrong.  I should get the Outlaws hooked up to them soon though, and do some A/B with the CF-3's

26 minutes ago, Emile said:

Showoff! :D  Just kidding :) AWESOME :D 

LOL, not trying to show off, just got lucky and ended up with 2 pairs in a single week.  I should have bought a lottery ticket while I was at it!

• Like 1
  • Haha 1