13'long x 11'wide x 7' ceiling room to small for RF7iii and RC64iii????

jordan122345

7 hours ago, jordan122345 said:

I dont really of anywhere to go listen to the rf7's or heritage models. I do think I have my heart set on the rf7iii and the rc64iii though. Looks like the amp only puts out 125watts a channel. Considering they are 250 and 200 watts rms for the towers and center do you think I would need something else for the front speakers?

I just noticed your list of gear. Is that system powered by the Onkyo only? How large is the room they're in. Does the Onkyo keep up? The RF7lll is a very nicely updated version of your current towers. I would think that Denon would be fine on its own.

I just realized that my profile showed the klipsch setup still. I just have a budget mismatched semi system now. When I had the RF7's and the RC7 they sounded very very good and just ran by the Onkyo yes. So I am excited to hear the new RF7iii's and the RC64iii. I am give the Denon a try for a while by itself and see how it does with the rf7iii and rc64iii and probably gonna do rp-502rears I think and a r115sw or 2. I mean if I dont need to spend another $1200 kn the Emotiva then even better. So is it just because of the room size that there is no need for the power amp for the fronts? 

The room size does make a difference, but I've also noticed many people get by without an amp even in a large room. Denon does well with their actual power ratings on their AVRs. 

But there is an argument in favor of amps. They can give more headroom, and take some pressure off the AVR. 

We will see how it sounds once the theater room is done I suppose but for now just the Denon will do. I am putting together the money for the order now. Gonna be RF7iii's and RC64iii in walnut. Gonna start with 1 r115sw. Of course the Denon x4400h. Now with the smaller room I am in between the 5800wii or the rp-502s for rears?  Also shouldn't be an enclosed case but will make sure the amp can breathe.