13'long x 11'wide x 7' ceiling room to small for RF7iii and RC64iii????

jordan122345

I am about to start having my basement finished and I will have a dedicated 11' wide x 13' long x 7' ceiling enclosed room. The plan is to do Denon x4500h, Klipsch RF7iii, Klipsch RC64iii, and a klipsch 5800 in walls for rears. I am not 100% set on the rears yet but we will see. So my question is I am about to order my fr ori nt stage from Cory in the coming weeks. Is my room gonna be too small for this setup or will I be fine? And if too small what do people suggest? As always any help or input would be greatly appreciated. 

I say yes.  After having those exact speakers in my room which is twice the width, slightly deeper and open concept (bass leaking to other areas), I found the bass to be too copious. Without using eq to cut bass, I would have had to pull speakers almost 4 feet from the back wall and leave them sitting in the middle of the room to game That bass.   For your room, look at heresy IIIs woild be my suggestion. They will amaze you in that room. I am guessing your focus is home theater?  I woild pick heresys due to how impressive they are in two channel stereo for music.   This will bring yori cost significantly down and all you to buy a better center channel as well and buy whatever kind of sub you wish in addition. 

Sorry yes will be home theater pretty much 100% of the time. I am not sure why but I have always wanted a pair of the rf7iii and the rc64iii combo. I had never really thought about the heresey's.   If I was to do that what is a good matching center then? I like the idea keep them coming. Thanks for your reply 

52 minutes ago, jordan122345 said:

Sorry yes will be home theater pretty much 100% of the time.

Then I am not well qualified to help you here, sorry..... You can get a center to match them well, but if home theater only is your goal.... Ypu might want to stick with the reference perhaps.  Budget heavy on the center and sub(s) I would say.   If you aren't doing two channel listening.... Others will chime in I'm sure. 

4 minutes ago, jordan122345 said:

Maybe there will be a few times where we will just chill and listen to music so I am not ruling that out by any means. But yeah primarily home theater. I appreciate your expertise for sure. 

You might change your mind if you were to buy said speakers and spread you budget out accordingingly.... 

Get the RF7lll/RC64lll combo and don't look back. They can blast you out of a small room if you're not careful, all you have to do is keep an eye on the volume control. But any speaker will in a small room. Those speakers were designed to play together, and they are a spectacular front three. There's a reason why they are so popular.

7 minutes ago, Ceptorman said:

But any speaker will in a small room. 

I'm going to disagree with you on this one.  These are rear ported, with dual 10" woofers.   They iwll be excessively bass heavy in this room IMO after owning them myself.   Now if they were front ported.... 

2 minutes ago, jordan122345 said:

I am hoping to stay with klipsch bit doesn't seem to be any front port speakers besides some of the expensive heritage. But none of the reference. 

Do, yourself a favor and contact @MetropolisLakeOutfitters.  He's a klipsch dealer and member here.  He sells klipsch as, well as several other brands of audio gear.   Discuss your wants, needs and room with him and hell give you solid a solid price and advice.  Best you can do right now. Google the name for his number.   Hope that helps 

9 hours ago, jordan122345 said:

So how far would I need to keep them away from the walls then if I were to do the rf7iii's? Thanks again for the replies 

Every room has different acoustics, and you really don't know until you place them in your room.

1 minute ago, jordan122345 said:

I am hoping to stay with klipsch bit doesn't seem to be any front port speakers besides some of the expensive heritage. But none of the reference. 

These are some of the finest speakers Klipsch makes, I doubt a lower tiered speaker will sound better in your room. Your AVR's room correction software can help with any imperfections in the sound. 

10 minutes ago, jordan122345 said:

Of course I wasn't saying anything negative about the heritage but just gonna be out of my price range I think. I will also talk to Cory as well as metro. 

Cory is the same as metro. Paducah Home Theater. He's on Facebook also. He sells a lot of Reference speakers, especially the RF7lll. @MetropolisLakeOutfitters

• Like 2

Speakers are never too big :D  I've got a  "200 seat" pair of KPT-904's in my living room ... awesome.  And FYI; had a New Year's party and ran out of volume (OK; using a 52W/ch Marantz 2252B on them ... haha ... made a guy an offer on a Sansui AU-717 ... spec'd at 85W/ch but usually tested at 100W/ch.) :D  Go for it ... you do have a "volume" knob :) 

• Like 1

I was gonna start a new thread but figured I will ask it in here instead. So I just picked up a Denon x4400h and will get the Emotiva XPA 3 later on. With the room size if I was to do either the rf7iii or one of the heritage line pairs, will the r115sw sub work out ok? Or should I look at a svs pb2000 or dual of either? Thanks again for the input

With a small room like that, I doubt you would need the Emo, but it would take some strain off the AVR. That's a nice AVR, will have plenty of power. The R115sw will be fine in there, some like SVS subs over the Klipsch though. Is there anyway for you to audition any Klipsch speakers? 

I dont really of anywhere to go listen to the rf7's or heritage models. I do think I have my heart set on the rf7iii and the rc64iii though. Looks like the amp only puts out 125watts a channel. Considering they are 250 and 200 watts rms for the towers and center do you think I would need something else for the front speakers?