Frequency responce curves wanted

JGklipsch

• 5 months later...

I am looking at getting a new pair of near field monitors for my home recording studio. The monitors have a fairly flat curve. Just curious how my 3.2's compared. I thought Klipsch might have the specs but maybe not. Nope, not alot of cash laying around.

• Klipsch Employees

We do not give that type of info out. Mostly because, in most cases, the people that want them do not "really" understand how to read them.

Please, no one take offence to this. It is not meant to be degrading.

Most any curve you have seen posted on a product is a 'marketing curve"

They have been smoothed. When I get to work, I will post a curve of a single driver just to show you what they look like.

I can tell you that your speaker would not be my choice for a near field monitor. I suggest you look at the new RB-25 or 35. They are nice and flat.

About +/- 3db for their entire bandwidth.

The Genelic(sp?) has about the best curve I have seen in a NFM.

But you will pay for that flat curve.

• Klipsch Employees

OK John, you don't count.

Most folks have only seen a marketing curve. A nice flat shelf, with little to no ripple. Just go back and look at the old LS lit. It has a marketing curve on it. A lot of folks were not happy when that went into print. Which is one reason we dont do that anymore.

No, the curve I posted is not bad. For a 5.25-inch woofer that will run with another just like it, and a big horn with the same driver as the RF-7, it will do a fine job.

The point was to show how much the line would vary.

You are right, change the scale and it will look different.