My new Signature!

Randy Bey

Heh.... Nice post. You know, I have to admit, Kirk is not a winner in the email response department. When he DOES respond, it is rarely over a line or two but usually does get the question answered more or less (sometimes less). One can only imagine how many emails Cary does get, especially Kirk who gets to field 90% of the technical head scratchers.

IF I were you, I would call and see where you get. Have you tried this yet?

I am still reeling over your love for that Transcendence Seven contraption. Remember, the COLD is coming yet again. The MonkeyChild needs a new parka...

yeah, I would be the first to admit that my one hour (and actually less, maybe three tracks on a CD) listen to that darn thing wasn't long enough for an educated opinion.

It was one of those "It's obvious in the first three seconds" things, but whether it was just subtle tone control or what, I don't know. Certainly not enough time to judge, it would take weeks (for me). Not likely to audition it for the amount of time it takes, unless Cut Throat agrees to let me borrow it for a month (heh).

I plan to call Kirk today and help him remember regarding the Cary.

Gotta say I'm loving the Thorens. I think the cheapo Ortofon was a mistake, but better than no cartridge. Maybe when I make some more money I'll pop for one of those $130 Ortofon X5's from Singapore, or wherever...

You know, there ARE other cartridge options - I still cant believe you blew $35 plus shipping for that lovely piece! But that $130 deal is damn good.

btw, now that you have that damn signature, I look at it real quick and think I have posted last! heh...

Cut Throat has never been the same since the fly fishing sig comment. Poor ole heel. My bowels hurt.

I'm not letting my T7 go for a whole month, but you can order one from AVA and keep it for a month. You can return it for a full refund if you want.

I may be able to come over for a few hours with my T7 again sometime. BTW - What was that Classical CD title and track that we listening to with the T7 - I think it was the Minnesota Orchestra.

Kevin,

good to see you back here. That CD was "Minnesota Orchestra Showcase" with Eije Oui, a Dr. Johnson Reference Recording.

Don't expect you'll find it in the stores though, it was a sampler given away at Stereoland when they got their first Marantz SACD player in. Find any RR with Stravinsky's Firebird on it and you'll be in Timpany Heaven. That Doc Johnson sure knows how to record an orchestra.

That same recording is what drove me mad when I had an outboard DAC and three digital cables. I had the pleasure of hearing the same performance in the same venue (not the one on the recording, that would have been too easy) and I could listen to each of these digital cables and compare.

Confuscious say, "Man with one watch always knows what time it is; man with three digital cables will never know which one is right" and boy was he right. Good thing he could see into the future regarding this digital thing.

I wish I had the ability to audition that T7. I expect ol' Van Alstine would want money or credit before letting one out the door. Pretty short on both those things as of late. But someday, I will open that Pandora's box again.

When do those Belle's show up? How's the Billie coming?

Randy,

The Billie's are just getting started. Heated up the soldering iron today for the first time since I got them. It's slow going, because they change parts on these often, and the documentation does not get updated.

I will get my Belle's next week probably Tues or Wed. - You know I did this after hearing your K-Horns! I did like the 'large' sound. I am missing that with stand mounts. I would have went for the K-Horns, but I just don't have the proper corners. Hopefully the Belle's will provide me with a lot of the K-Horn experience.

Yes, AVA does require payment in advance, but I know Frank has lent out gear to Minneapolis/St. Paul Residents for a few days (including myself). Send him an e-mail telling him that you heard my T7 for an hour and that you would like to hear a loaner for a couple days. He may give you one!