2 CSU + 2 RSW15

Big Ben

Holly crap, This system now rocks like you would not believe. I have the two RSW15's on top of each other in one corner and the two CS Ultra's in the other corner.

I am one very very happy puppy. I have to say that I can't get enough sub human bass like this. You can hear it bloody four blocks away, when played at plus 2dB.

These subs in conjunction with my RF7's and RC7 with the RC3 playing side surround and RF3 playing rear surround is truly stunning on all material.

Setup:

Marantz SR19-EX

Marantz MA500 x 2

Samson S1000

Sony DVP-S9000ES

Sony KDP-65XBR2

Sony Video

Technics CD

Speakers as above.

Spare KSW12...not up to it!, asleep in the basement.

Ben

That is a very good question, Which sounds best.

Given that my room is some 21' x 33', I needed more output to get into reference level territory.

From all the posts about the RSW15's dropping off after 30 Hz, I decided that some low end power was needed to supplement the RSW. The RWS15 is very very good with music and blends perfectly with the RF7's.

With the addition of the CSU's I am now feeling bass that I have never felt before. The CSU's again blend very well with the rest of my setup. I think they feel quicker than the RSW. The punch that the RSW gives is astounding.

It boils down to the range at which both subs are designed for. I love the punch of the RSW's and the deep lows of the CSU's. The THX Into is mind blowing now because of the extended range I have, something I was missing before. TPM Pod race scene is now very violent where it should be, the pulses from the engines is breathtaking.

I will be experimenting with the port plug to see what that does.

My wife has the "Queer as FolK", and "Venga Boys" CD's and some of the synthasized low frequencies in that make the floor undulate for many seconds....CSU's at work.

AC/DC "Who Made Who" has a great bass punch that goes right through you.

To sum up. For music I think the RSW takes the cake, for Movies/HT, well the CSU's are hard to beat. We all listen to both types of material. If you can afford both, I would highly recommend them.

Ben

Mua ha ha GREAT CHOICE

Two RSW15's and twin Ultras.Yes sir this is the way to go,still considering your huge room size I would add two HGS18's and another set of SVS Ultras.Just to stay on the safe and INSANE side. 3.gif

Great setup,congrats(your RF-7's look small in this huge room!)

Damn if I only had a room the size of your living room.Ah I would pack the place with at least ten subs(BIG subs).

And looking at the twin stacked RSW15's this gives me ideas to save on floor space,I will stack my subs and make space for more. MUA HA HA HA

The pic of the dual stacked RSW15's gave me ideas and now I have some free floor space alongside the main(front)wall. I will add a RSW12 and 15 to the RSW10 and move the three with my Sunfire army

in the tiny 14*10 Klipsch HT. Mua ha ha ha

Not like I need more subwoofing but hey..why not.Next my larger system will be sub-upgraded with a few SVS(I want two Ultras and two CS-Plus with two Crown amps!).Right now I spend more time in my Klipsch room so I will finish the Klipsch system.

Cant wait the RSW15 should arrive first...and in a few weeks.9.gif

Imagine Sunfire Signature,Mark II,Junior,two Carver Knight Shadow subs,RSW10,RSW12 and RSW15 in a room 14' long by 10' wide and 6' high(the room is about 12' high divided in two!upper section holds my computers and PC speaker systems).Serious power per cubic inch LOL

BigBen,

Competition huh,you asked for it! 7.gif All my competitors lost,you would have to pack more output per cubic meter of space.Considering how tiny my first room is and my second room is not even half of your huge room you would have to get two moer Ultras and two more RSW15's to get to my insane level. 3.gif

And soon I will double the output per cubic meter.Adding RSW's to the small room and SVS's to the Revel,Aerial and Velo in the larger.

I'll post some pics,so you can see how small my rooms are. LOL And how much gear and power amps they contain. MUA HA HA HA

Its good to be sick 9.gif

If you surpass my sub human sub power then more power to ya,know amp wise your Marantz is quite far.

As I use an ATI 1505(four channels used,sourrounds) and 2505(front,only three channels used) to power my RF7's(two pairs),RF5's and RC7 in a room...14*10!!!! LOL

In the larger room a Celeste MOON W5(Contour 3.3's),4250SE(Contour 1.1's),4150SE(bridged mono on Contour Center) The room is 16*20,I wish I had a room as immense as you,oh the system I would build there. 6.gif

ATI should realease a more powerful "2505" I am a buyer if they do.Imagine more power LOL Well if they dont I will get a Earthquake Cinema Grande,a BIGGER BETTER ATI 2505.140lbs worth of sonic dynamite.

The Dynaudios can reach highoutput levels but the Klipsch TEAR FLESH FROM LIMBS!Not the softest speakers but I like the LIVE performance like this.