Chorus conspiracy complete

Audio Flynn

Got them home and just got them hooked up before the wife came home.

They do not look much smaller tucked away than they do in the middle of the floor.

Electric guitar sounds much more alive than the RB5s. Better sustain on the power chords on the Who, U2 and Neil Young I have listened to so far.

They are powerful I am going to spend some time dampening different pictures and so forth in the room. My wife asked if I got a subwoofer, I said no; certainly does not seem necessary with this rig.

Will post new shortened signature.

And now I need to figure out how to sneak tubes into the house.

Glad something is going your way besides the signature. To be honest, the wife should love the tubes as they are FAR more pleasing to those with sensitive ears to the harshness of run of the mill solid state (and not so run of the mill solid state for that matter).

I had two girlfriends end up purchasing tube amplifiers after hearing my system. Both are still enjoying their amps, one having learned to solder and roll tubes as well (the other has switched out tubes but I doubt has ever picked up a soldering iron in her life). Both know how to conduct bias readings with a VOM and adjust. Hell, to be honest, both have systems a helluva lot better than a good many on here (#1: Rega Planet ~ Jolida 302B ~ Kimber Kable ~ Fried Q4 speakers /#2: Arcam 7 ~ Jolida 302B ~ Goertz cable ~ EPOS ES-12 speakers).

Women DIG TUBES! Audrey loves tube amps and vinyl and actually complains if I start getting lazy listening to the CD versions of stuff we have on LP. All can hear a big difference between vinyl and digital and tube and SS. So get going and get your wife in gear! She might surprise you and start getting into music more than you! Nothing better than sharing music (well.....).

kh

Nice speakers. If you can borrow a tube amp you'll probably be very pleasantly surprised. If the Chorus is like the Forte they really respond to the cleaner top end of a tube amp. If you can get a good no-feedback tube amp the top end is likely to be even cleaner.

leok

She has played French Horn, Bassoon, and flute in her younger days.

She really digs music; the audio thing is catching on as well.

I reallly apreciate all of the advice from everyone.

Need to do more research to se how I can get in to the tube thing for the least cost.

Thanks again.

Rick

PS...I am on vacation all week so i can listen to music all day(mixed in with a liitle painting).11.gif

Unfortunate I waited so long to take this path(20 years). The speakers are scary revealing. I like the mystery of buying them without auditioning.

There is a point where the SS amplification sounds really harsh. I just back it off a hair.

Listened to "Who's Next" this morning.

I can hear the defects in the source material like I used to 25 years ago.

Not sure what hz the bass goes to but it subjectively seems lower than 40 hz before it rolls off significantly. Now I need to buy some kind of a test disc to determine what is going on down there.

Negatives

-some of Moon's cymbals are miked quite poorly

-it is very apparent when Daltrey overdrives the diaphram of his microphone

Positives

-Townsends guitar almost sounds like a small guitar amp in the room

-drum fills

-"Behind Blue Eyes"; best reproduction i have heard of this tune in years

Very subjectively...because it has been so many years.

Chorus seems half a step behind the LaScalas and a step ahead of the Hereseys in musical involvement.

This is too cool!