Cornwall wan-a-be?

OK, had this crazy idea of adding a k-600/601(C600) horn and a different tweeter externally – on top of my klf-30's. This would leave the klf-30 cabinets to just being base bins of sorts.

As has been mentioned on another post I have a limited footprint of about 18”. BUT I could put something on top of my klf-30 or forte II's for that matter.

So, would it even be worth considering doing something like this? I still have the original k52h mid driver but also have a55g's that I was thinking of mating these to the k-600/601 horn and get another tweeter (tbd). I would think I could build the b3's mid/tweet xover section and retain the klf-30 LF side.

Now I would not rule out using a k-400/401's but figure they are just too hard to come by and Crites offers the C600.

So, am I just chasing a silly idea or would it be worth the difference to pursue this?

I'd think that further separating the lows from the mids (center-to-center) would be at least one step backward against the forward steps you're seeking.  Could make for some undesirable radiation patterns at that crossover frequency.  Unless you do all your listening with your head in just one location at any rate.

First as @glens said, there are repercussions to doing that.  Secondly, what is your end goal?  You would need to change both of the crossover to make use of the lower cut off of the 600 horn. With that said, if you were willing to do some work on the crossover, I think the area that is lacking (though the klf-30 is a great speaker) is in the 12" to horn transition.  If you were to put a quality high efficiency 8" in a separate box on top of the speaker to handle that transition, say 300-800hz, I think that would be a fantastic addition.  You would need to know how to mock up a crossover to do that though.

After some thought I see one glaring problem and that is the LF impedance differ. If the klf-30 woofer(s) were a sum of 8 ohms rather than there exiting 4 ohms I could just use a b-3 xover and be done with it. As for the increased center to center, I had not thought of that being a concern at those distances....oh well. We were just hoping to get a taste of the high life you guys get with your Cornwall's and higher up models. 

After a bit more digging the Chorus I/II use a k-48-x and is a 4 ohm driver. I am pretty sure the LF crossover point is 650hz  for the first gen Chorus but only found one reference to the Chorus II and it was 600hz. So the next question is what is the crossover point with the Cornwall LF B/B2/B3 xover.  So if that were to jive I was thinking using Crites CT120/125 tweeters over the k-79-k's being used in the klf-30's.