Large room speaker advice

ajbarickman

14 hours ago, cincymat said:

Yeah, looking at them isn’t the point anyway..

IT'S HOW THEY SOUND! 

Listen, closely, to the advice you are receiving. 

Best of luck.

Cincy

I certainly understand the point is sound BUT since they will be the most dominant visual element in my living room I am sensitive to how they look.  

2 hours ago, ajbarickman said:

I certainly understand the point is sound BUT since they will be the most dominant visual element in my living room I am sensitive to how they look.  

It’s good you’re taking your time.  I wish taken the opportunity to listen to various Klipsch speakers before buying my first pair.  The La Scalas and Kilpschorns, imho, look as good as they sound. Both will fill a large  room with sound while using very modest amounts of amplification. If you don’t have good corners, then the La Scalas with a sub woofer will make a fine system. I've gone both routes and went with Khorns as my permanent speakers.  But I had to remove a gas fireplace from my family room to have two corners. 

La Scala room

1C6B8CF4-6FC1-44E0-9608-A43B32588E8F.thumb.jpeg.61788154360867a768a0eb8de4eba624.jpeg

Khorns

IMG_1091-L.jpg

I’m sure someone near you would offer you an opportunity to listen to their systems. 

Cincy

just bought La Scala AL5s...in a word-AMAZING. I listen mostly to jazz, w occasional Rock thrown in, and they are part of a 7.1 HT system when needed (2 channel when listening to music). They are revealing, efficient (wont overwork your amp), beautiful. I have a room w 14 ft ceilings and these things will easily fill virtually any living space. Go get 'em

• Like 1