whats klipsch got in store for there new subs?

klipguy

----------------

On 10/29/2002 4:39:52 PM prodj101 wrote:

not sure, but as earz stated, it takes 2 of the THX line of subs to get to THX standards, and they look much weaker than the RSW seires.

----------------

Not exactly true... (uh oh!9.gif)

The THX requirements for this certification for a subwoofer would not have to require two Klipshc THX subs. Infact, nothing of the SORT is required! A sub can be THX certified that gets to 63dB at 30Hz, -3dB at 23Hz. I know a few SVS subs that can easily handle that. Heck! A KSW could probably do that. Dual CS-Ultra's will get you approx 110dB @ 20Hz.

Looks can be deceiving. Besides, that is the standard design for a home audio THX certified subwoofer right now. I don't know why, but it is.

That is rather large for HT use... I designed a much smaller one when I ws intent upon building a sub, seemed like it may be effective... but I don't know nearly as much as speaker designers, so I doubt it would be too great... Mine was a cube a little bigger than a KSW-12... Might be worth trying later.

What is not true Justin?

You are asking me to use maximum force again 7.gif

THX needs to sustain minimum loudness levels.This is why you have minimum power and output guide lines to achieve this MINIMUM in order to get THX or THX Ultra certification.I am not talking about quality here,just loudness.

Of what good is a so called HT system if it cannot even play at 110dB without serious distortion or compression?Its called a WalCrap system and is made by B0$e.

Klipsch shows two THX line subs in the pics not for pure fun,its because two are "recomended" to sustain apropriate output and meet(and surpass)minimum THX guidelines.

If I am wrong I would like a Klipsch moderator to manifest him/herself and correct me.

And trust me I WILL get the new Klipsch THX system AS SOON AS IT FINDS ITS WAY to my local Klipsch dealer and test and compare its dual subs to one RSW10,12 and 15.Side by side,and using my trusty RatShack SPL meter.And compare them against my trusty subs

1.gif

The THX Ultra2 subwoofer is a 12" driver with a 30+ lb. magnet structure driven by a 1000 watt (FTC @ 1% distortion) amp. We would have gone with a single 15" sub, but that would not address the needs of this unique market where most of the installations require the speakers to be hidden in cabinetry behind cloth panels. All of the THX Ultra2 speakers in the system were designed with typical cabinet sizes in mind. Thus, we offer dual 12" subs rather than a single 15" sub. This combo will meet THX spec in a 3000 cubic foot room.

The Ultra2 system is a very different animal from our other products. I understand the confusion, but it's a different design for a different application and environment.