Tri-amping Cornscala's

bchristmas

Greetings,

I'm going to blame @joessportsteron this post since he found some inexpensive active crossovers, you can check them out here:

https://www.xkitz.com/collections/active-crossovers-and-bi-amplifiers-1/products/linkwitz-riley-3-way-active-crossover-fully-assembled-xover-3

I've always been into passive crossovers, but hey, if the price is right, I will give them a try.  Currently, I have a pair of Cornscala A's with Dave A's MAHL/B&C DE 120, M2380 Mid-range horn/Atlas PD-5VH Driver and the Crites CW1526C woofer.  Bob's passive crossover is set at 500/5000, should I replicate this setting or make it 400/5000?  You have to order this active crossover with pre-set crossover points, that's why the question.

Thanks,

Bernard

Too bad they can't give you the resistor combination needed to change the crossover points and build your own "chips" for it like Audio Control did with the 2xs and 4xs car audio crossovers 30 years ago. We made our own crossover modules based on the diagram they supplied using a frequency sweep. 

14 hours ago, bchristmas said:

Greetings,

I'm going to blame @joessportsteron this post since he found some inexpensive active crossovers, you can check them out here:

https://www.xkitz.com/collections/active-crossovers-and-bi-amplifiers-1/products/linkwitz-riley-3-way-active-crossover-fully-assembled-xover-3

I've always been into passive crossovers, but hey, if the price is right, I will give them a try.  Currently, I have a pair of Cornscala A's with Dave A's MAHL/B&C DE 120, M2380 Mid-range horn/Atlas PD-5VH Driver and the Crites CW1526C woofer.  Bob's passive crossover is set at 500/5000, should I replicate this setting or make it 400/5000?  You have to order this active crossover with pre-set crossover points, that's why the question.

Thanks,

Bernard

Hi.  They will supply just the chips at any time so if you want to experiment they will sell different value chips on request 11.00 a pop.....................I am using mine full time currently and happy with the results

For the Power Supply I took an old laptop supply 19VDC output and wired it to botch boards works like a charm and never even gets warm