Speaker &receiver recommendations

newbiesacto

My rm isn't HT friendly.16x15x8 but rm only has 3 walls.Lft of my 6'couch is an open kitchen.There is a low counter btwn HT rm & kitch.There are 2 open doorways into 2 other rms.The wall the 38"hd is on is only 12'.The rest is open doorway.I sit 10'fr tv;& all speakers.There are 2'in bk of couch.The back wall has an 8'glass dr w/cloth levelors.The same w/the 2 windows on the rt wall.The system will be 100%Ht/tv.My rt/lf frt are floor standing Presidio encloures 23wx24wx15d.They have EV t-35's;EV t-25's;EV sp-c12"woof.they are ported.N-3 university cross.They sound great w/music lousy w/voices.I bought the rc311 and the rsw12 sub.I can scrape everything & start over but would like suggestions + re a 7.1 receiver in the Denon 4802 or slightly above range.With my rm it's hard to mount speakers.4rb3's on stands? Appreciate help 1.gif

yes b&k are good but do you have the money or want to spend your money or want to waste your money on a 4 grand receiver when you could have a denons thats 4 grand,

o wwait

lol B&K integrated reciever one is 4grand too, my bad.

Well you can choose

If you want go for B&K Seprates

Karman Kardon is a great buy and a BEAUTIFUL receiver!! I like them better than the Denon's personally. If I had a billion dollars I would probably have seperates for sure, some nice Krell stuff would be nice, but if money is a factor, then shoot for a HK, Denon, Outlaw, Yamaha, Rotel, etc, will probably be less than a seperate system and give you lots of enjoyment. Of course seperates are best but they do run a little more than an all in one receiver.

And for speakers, Klipsch Reference series is wonderful. The Heritage line rules too, either way you go it's a WIN WIN situation, go audition and let your ears be the judge.

When I was looking for a receiver I was on a limited budget and I wanted to get a nice high quality receiver that would fit me just right. I looked at all kinds of brands including, HK, denon, sony, pioneer, B&K and etc. I found the Denon 3802 and it was perfect for what I was looking for. I have been very satisfied with this receiver, and the price was just right. My recommendation is find something that is in your price range that YOU are happy with. Denon, HK, and B&K are all high quality receivers, so find what you will be happy with and go with it!